How do you add Zumba as an exercise?

Options
I just started a Zumba class. I entered it as aerobics, but is it not in myfitnesspal exercises already? I would add it, but have NO idea how to list the calories burned. Any suggestions? What do some of you use when entering Zumba as your exercise?

Thanks,
Misty

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor. Unfortunately there is no preset Zumba exercise here, probably because people vary so much depending on the class and effort.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have you tried googling it? It is a fun workout!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    zumba doesnt count cuz it aint a real word

(any category under cardio...doesnt matter as long as the actual cals burned is correct)
  • hloftin32
    hloftin32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com gives a pretty accurate estimate on how much you burn based on your weight and how intense the class is.
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to do a zumba style class (it was called Shabam but the same typew of thing) and I logged it under dancing! :)
  • suzcain
    suzcain Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how accurate it is, but I add it as high impact aerobics - my Zumba instructor teaches super high intensity. I've been to other Zumba instructors who don't go nearly as hard - but they aren't nearly as much fun, either. :o)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I also use Zumba Calories.com. It recommend it!
    zumbacalories.com gives a pretty accurate estimate on how much you burn based on your weight and how intense the class is.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can add your own personal exercises. I added Zumba into aerobics. You can use that website someone else mentioned (zumbacalories) and that is pretty close to accurate. I use a HRM and http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm to calculate mine.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I log it under dancing - aerobic
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Thanks for the website, I just checked it and shows I burned 757 calories, woohoo only been logging 500 to be safe...
  • jennilovesryan
    Options

this this this
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I add it as a personally created exercise and use my hrm for the calorie burn
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    I added it to my exercises, based on the Zumba website it burns 550 cals per hour. I also calculated it on my hrm and it seems very accurate.