The best workout?

Options
Hello everyone........What do you all think the best way to burn calories&a whole body workout?I been power walking&using 5 pound dumbells at the same time.I am looking for different excersies to do in my daily routine.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I know walking is one of the best things you can do and adding weights makes it even better...
    I know that I have been reading a lot of things by Jillian Michaels and she says you really need some variation...Do strength training one day and cardio the next....building muscle is a sure-fire way to burn calories even when you aren't working out....
    Good luck finding what works for you....I am trying to find my groove right now...but I am taking Jillians advice...I really love her...she is awesome and has some really great advice!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I really like to do some of the Tae Bo Dvds and also Biggest loser workouts. They are cardio workouts with intensity. They are great. Try them out.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing and Taebo. There isn't a part of me that doesn't feel it when I am done!
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my spin.

Also I have a weight vest I wear when walking & gossiping (my fav' exercise). I bought it at Target (there are some really expensive ones out there!) for $20 or $30. It's 10 lbs, but on a hill it feels like 100!

Good luck.

"The best exercise for you is the one that you do!"
  • swederican
    swederican Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here 's mine i do 3x a week. It is a killer, but fun and gets the negative energy out.
    Abs 10-15min
    Circuit (do this sequence of exercises 5 times for time)
    Kettle bell swings - look at crossfit.com for example of this exercise.
    (use a weight that is comfortable at first) x 10
    Ball Slams (Slam ball into ground and try to catch it. love these!)
    Use a med ball that doesn't bounce. that is where the catching is difficult. and has weight (12-16lbs) x 10
    Body weight squats x 10
    Push ups x 10
    inverted row (hang under a bar on a bench press rack and pull up to chest) x 10

As you get better, you will be able to increase weight on kettlebell. Everything else can stay the same. then you can start trying to do the circuit faster. It never gets old and it has worked for me. I do cardio before or after depending on how I feel for about 30min. the circuit can take anywhere from 15-20min depending on how fast you get after it. I am about at 12min, and i am toast. ENJOY!
  • fspierce
    fspierce Posts: 9
    Options
    Jillian michaels workouts are awesome, but they're not easy. If you have comcast, some of her workouts are on on demand exercise tv. They combine cardio with strength training. I like them all. No more trouble zones boost metabolism, and her shred 1, 2, 3 workouts. Taebo is also a really good workout and effective.
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    Ok thank you all for the advice......I think I will try Jillian Michaels workouts, I have heard a lot about her.I think power walking is helping me get in shape I can feel it in my thighs!lol
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think mixing it up is probably the best. As your body gets use to a certain exercise, it burns less calories doing it. So, if you keep your body guessing by changing up the workouts, you will keep challenging your body and you wont get bored.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich's DVDs. She's amazing!!!