Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight and sizes??

So, what is the normal amt of weight to lose to change sizes? I know everyone is different, just wanted to know the "norm"

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    for me it's 10-15 pounds to drop a size!
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    10-15 lbs for me also.
  • I probably have gone done sizes, but I'm quite finnicky about clothes....I carry all of my weight in my middle, so it's taking me longer to lose a pant size, but I have gone down in bra/shirts.
  • notdorothy
    notdorothy Posts: 7 Member
    I've lost 18 and can barely tell. Some things are not as tight. I guess I will notice more at 25.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Oooh, that totally depends on your current size.

At my heaviest of 245, I didn't drop a pant size until I was roughly 215 (and I was apple shaped, for sure).

Now, I'm a size 12, and I'd have to lose maybe 10 lbs to drop a size, depending on where it came off from. I'm not an apple anymore, but I still have excess fat in my midsection.
  • weight and sizes don't necessarily correlate but just to give an idea i was a 12/14 when i started at 190 and now i'm in a 6 headed for a 4 and i weigh 150
  • i dont think there is a 'norm'. there are soooo mnay factors:

-where do you carry it?
    -where do you lose it?
    -how much have you lost?
    -have you gained muscle?
    -how tall are you?
    -how big were you before?
    -what type of clothing?
    -what cut of clothing?
    -what brand?

etc etc etc etc
  • I have lost 25lb and am down one dress size.