Any others with Fibromyalgia or CFS??

Options
Just wondering if there are any others with chronic illnesses here that are trying to get healthy as well. I have fibromyalgia and it makes my struggles that much harder. It would be nice to have some support from others who are going through the same thing.

Replies

• sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't, BUT, if you do a search under "Groups" for "Fibromyalgia" I see several groups there. I can't attest to how active the groups are, but, at the very least, you'd be able to friend some folks from there.

Groups are kind of a new feature on MFP, so not a lot of folks think to look there, so I'm just sharing the resource.

Best of Luck!
  • fluffytuf
    Options
    Hi lynnee. I was diagnosed 15 years or so ago with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Sometimes one will affect me more than the other, but the most chronic and disabling constant in my life is the fatigue. It makes it very hard to lose weight because, as you know, there is just not enough energy or strength in our bodies to get moving enough to burn the calories. Because I am so sedentary (by necessity), my calorie allowance is only 1200 and that doesn't leave much to eat, so tend to go over the allowance. I hope that you are able to cope enough to accomplish your goals. I just joined this site about a month ago. It is helpful.
  • ger53
    ger53 Posts: 35
    Options
    I too have fibro and CFS. I was diagnosed 16 years ago and I have been really good until 5 years ago when I became quite ill and had to go on so many meds. I gained a whopping amount of weight and now the weight is making the fibro even worse. I am so tired all the time that just getting out of bed is a chore! I need to lose close to 100 pounds or I don't think I am going to be around much longer. My breathing is getting really bad and my back and legs are killing me!

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jmwill78
    Options
    I have Hypothyroidism, early onset of arthritis in my right hip, and I am pretty sure beginnings of fibromyalgia. My mother has it and I have all the beginning signs of it. I am trying to 'get the lead out' as they say. Hopefully, I can try to fight it before it really kicks in. Her doctor had said that had she caught it earlier that mild exercise would have held it off some more. So I am trying to do that. Any helpful tips from those living with it for a while would be appreciated. I might also pass them on to my mother. :)
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have chronic pain for last 5 years. Medications, lack of exercise and movements destroyed my fit body. Now I have also High Blood Pressure as well. I lost some kg but for last month my scale stop moving. I will try to do some more exercises.