Young Working Women (career, not corner)

Options
2»

Replies

• mloftus2
    Options
    i'm in!
    i'm 23 and working 40 hours a week at a desk job. This is my first year out of school so its been difficult for me to establish a good routine for myself as far as working out and eating. I'm not over weight by any means but i am looking to lose a few pounds, and i am very much in the 'toning up' stage.
    i'm looking to tone up, add muscle and subtract that annoying pooch!
  • maevestewart
    Options
    :smile: Hi Ladies
    At 20 I am working a busy conference sales job working 45+ hours per week while juggling part time University. I have a big family and an active social life so understand what it feels like to be tired and totayly time starved. This is a great idea!
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join! I work 50-60 hours/week in HR and go to law school at night. I'm married and try to maintain a social life. As you are all clearly aware, it's tough to fit it all in! I've lost a little bit so far, but still have a ways to go to get to my final GW. I think this is a great idea!
  • 140tohealthy
    Options
    Hey, I'm Doxey. 21 years old with a job working with kids, ranging anywhere from 6-14 hours a day, plus working on my novels and I've got a goal to write 12 this year. I am most definitely in on this!
  • fatgirlruns
    Options
    Would love to join. I work in PR for a bank. Working a ton and taking classes. The desk job is a killer!!
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Mini challenge now posted for this weekend! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/468347-mini-weekend-challenge
  • SRS1226
    SRS1226 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope I'm not too late on this one...

I'm 27, I work 8-4:30 as a fundraiser, but that also means many late nights, lots of work travel, etc. I also coach on the side and I'm taking a few additional classes on the side toward a Master's Degree. I do volunteer with a variety of organizations and I do like to go out and have fun as well!

I'd love to join :smile:
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 26 and an engineer training in Korea. I sit on my butt between 8 and 12 hours a day 5 days a week. I don't have a gym to go to and it has gotten pretty cold so the hour + walks that helped me jump start my post grad school weight lost have become almost nonexistent. I was doing good with the exercise and calorie counting until about November and it has been down hill from there and I am starting to gain the weight back! Grrrrr! So I need to refocus and I hope this group can help me do that! I want to come home in April a size 8! which I am guessing is about 10 lbs away... (size 10 now)

~Tiffany
  • keets24
    Options
    Hello! I'm Nikita, I'm 25 and I work with the government. My job is pretty stressful and there's not a lot of time during the day to take care of yourself. I have a trip to cuba planned in 86 days now (but who's counting right?) and this kind of thing will be great to keep me on track to reach my goals before i go!
    Thanks for the invite morgan :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    meee! i'm 26 and i work a mostly desk job - i am a therapist in a school. i do get to walk around but not as much as i'd like. in the summer i'm out in the community which means lots of parks and stuff. however, from September til June i'm sitting on my butt around 6 hours a day and then maybe another 2 for paperwork. i probably work 50 or so hours a week.

i'm a vegetarian and in general i eat pretty well. i am on a higher-protein, carb-limited diet due to insulin resistance.
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    It's not too late for anyone wants to get in on the first weigh in!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/467658-first-weigh-in-monday-january-30th
  • loganthomas1
    loganthomas1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi, my name is Logan and i work on my feet running around about 55 hours a week. I would love to join in. I need all the motivation I can get throughout my stressful exhausting days at work.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    blatantly in, 27 from the UK, need to lose just over 60 pounds, im a business development manager for a cellphone network and probably work about 55-70 hours a week all on my own. very lonely job!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there's still time! I don't want to lose the motivation I have at the minute!

I'm 29 and a computer programmer from the UK. Sat on my backside for 40 hours a week at work, then tend to be on the PC when I get home too, but that's all changing now.

I want to get myself under 12st by my 30th in August, which is about 20lbs but my ultimate goal is down to 10st.
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Still time- just following the link I posted in the last :)
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Alex. I'm 23. Working between 50 and 90 hours a week. (busy season)