New Member. any help?

Options
hey eveyone! im a new member to myfitnesspal and i am sort of lost with everything. im really not sure how this whole thing works or how i am suppose to update everything. any advice on how to get started?

Replies

• JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just start clicking around.........click on all the tabs and see what's there. The FOOD tab is where you input your food intake. Exercise tab is where you input your exercise etc.

I've only been here for a week and I'm still trying to 'personalize' it to make it easier for inputting the information. I took an afternoon inputting my own exercises (per say) so I can easily Quick Click them for the next time.

ONce you learn how to get around, you really do need to tailor it to fit YOU........
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

Have you set up your goals? That's the first step. After that, it's a matter of logging food and exercise in your daily diaries. Your food diary isn't automatically public, so if you want that (for advice, accountability, etc) you need to change the settings. I thought logging my food would be an inconvenience, and on occasion it is (having the app helps when I'm busy), but now it's part of my routine and I look forward to doing it. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • tcrawford112
    Options
    thanks! i have been trying to get it accustomed to my likings so im still trying to get that all in order. but so far i really like how everything is set up. if only i could get this app on my phone that would be even better. lol