Night time

Options
How do you all manage not to eat at night! I am really struggling with this as I go to bed early but by the time its 630pm I am hungry and I hate to eat less than 2 hours to my bedtime. What doesn't help is that my husband comes home from work and eats a small meal but then I start to get hungry too and eat something also. I really need to stop this practice and am wondering what you all do to avoid night time hunger.

Replies

• comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a night time nibbler so I tend to save most of my calories for later in the day and manage to stay within my target (mostly) :)
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Leviram,

Just remember eating at night is not a sin & so long as your calories balance, you're ok. I would follow comet_wow's suggestion of saving a few (hundred) calories for when your hubby gets home.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories at night typically. Now that I'm trying to gain weight and have a slightly larger calorie budget I'll eat a bit more during the day but I still tend to eat 1500+ at night on most nights..

When cutting I'm a bit more strict about it due to having a lower calorie ceiling, and I'll tend to eat most of my intake between 6 and 9pm and then go to bed.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I eat at night and locate a section in my diary for before bed snacks or foods.

Unless you have a problem with over eating or binge eating at night you shouldn't have a problem at all:flowerforyou:
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    On my current caloric "budget" of ~2000 calories/day I usually try to reserve ~900 - 1200 calories for my evening meal/snacks.

Evening meal is typically around 6-6:30 p.m. (btw. 6-6:30 is chosen because that fits best with the time we're tucking the boy - we like to eat together as a family.....the time is not chosen because I want to eat at a certain time before going to bed) and I snack at any point between then and hitting the sack without looking at when I expect to go to bed (heck sometimes I'll even have a snack in bed right before brushing my teeth and going to sleep).

The trick is to find out what schedule works for you when distributing your intake over the day - does it work to have many small meals or few large....does it work to have your intake early, distributed or late in the day......what makes you feel good? As long as you stay within your goal calories and macros you can't really go wrong.
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I keep really late hours. (Usually asleep around 4am), so I make sure I keep some calories left for a snack around midnight, and again at 2am. :)
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories at night typically. Now that I'm trying to gain weight and have a slightly larger calorie budget I'll eat a bit more during the day but I still tend to eat 1500+ at night on most nights..

When cutting I'm a bit more strict about it due to having a lower calorie ceiling, and I'll tend to eat most of my intake between 6 and 9pm and then go to bed.

Me too, my largest meal is always my late dinner, and I have a couple of snacks before bed. I've hit my lowest bodyfat percentage ever after I flipped and began eating more at night.