Not just losing weight but finding myself :) (-125lbs)

Options

Replies

• HappyChick36
    Options
    Great story and truly an inspiration to many including myself. You sound a lot like me, and it's hard to read it but at the same time it needed to be done. I am just starting my journey, and im hoping it will turn out like yours! (Minus the husband, been there done that already!) Great job!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    You are absolutely inspiring! And simply beautiful! In your solo wedding pic you look like Robin from How I Met Your Mother! You're motivating me to get up right now and workout some!
  • newlaura30
    Options
    oh you are truly inspiring love all your ideas they all make so much sence and your proof they work will add you as a friend if you don't mind x
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Looking BEAUTIFUL! You go girl!
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One thing that really seemed to work for me regarding plateaus were calorie cycling (google this and you'll find LOTS of info).

It's something I'll go back to when I'm done losing.... I'd have a range of 1,400 - 2,000 calories
    e.g.
    Mon - 1,400
    Tues - 1,700
    Wed - 1,500
    Thurs - 1,800
    Fri - 2,000
    Sat - 1,400
    Sun - 1,600

As well... with plateaus - just have patience and LOTS of it... don't over exercise or under-eat (but don't over-eat either). Just trust that as long as you are truthfully eating healthy and being as active as you are comfortable with that you will get where you need to be.

One blog that I found truly amazing and helpful was

www.CanYouComeForDinner?.com

As well I find that weight-lifting (I use ChaLEAN Extreme) helped immensely with trimming off the last few lbs as well as toning everything up.

Jenni I don't normally comment on Success Stories but I have to say you are so impressive. The way you talk shows a really lovely, healthy attitude too! You look stunning on your wedding day, and I have to say (apologies if this sounds rude) your very clever husband for l seeing through your size and landing himself a hell of a catch! You must both be really lovely people.

Also thanks for the above post, really handy to hear that cal-cycling or zig-zaging works!

Best of luck in the future!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Aww, that was the sweetest comment ever above!!

I agree though! You are awesome & truly an inspiration! Way to go, girlfriend!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration!
  • mxmama112
    mxmama112 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful. And your wedding pictures are amazing. Way to go!
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!! Congratulations to you and your groom. Thanks for the pics
  • arlyn70
    arlyn70 Posts: 55
    Options
    your succes make me cry..

i got married when i was almost 300 pounds, i wish i had the courage as you to start this journey back them, but never to late..

thanks
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Beautiful wedding pictures. Great job! I have hypothyroidism also so it's good to know that it can be done! Thanks for posting this.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    You are so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us:) What an awesome inspiration!! Thank you again!!! So excited for you:)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS YOU LOOK AMAZING!

At first I looked at the first picture and though, gee she needs some hotter clothes, but then I scrolled down and saw your wedding pics and thought, "OOOOOooooo La La!!!!!"
  • LosingLadi
    LosingLadi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations .. you've done awesome and look amazing!!

I'm a firm believer in Calorie Cycling - I lost 120 lbs in 9 months doing it! Unfortunately I had gained 60 lbs - because I didn't continue my healthier lifestyle .. so I'm back to lose that 60 plus another 40 lbs .. by calorie cycling! =)

Thank you for sharing canyoustayfordinner .com - looks like some really great recipes there!

Continued success to you!
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • dilleight
    Options
    Great wedding pics!
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    This is truly motivating. I am about the same weight you started at, and same height, so now I know I can do it.
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Story was great words of wisdom to my own journey, thank you :)
  • halpinj1
    halpinj1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look amazing! what an inspiration :D
  • jlr05m
    jlr05m Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! You made a beautiful bride. Congrats on your success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!