over weight again :'(

Options
Hi everyone hope you are all doing well!! I'm feeling so upset today as over the last couple of weeks I've slipped back to being overweight :sad:

I know where I've gone wrong i was so happy at being in the healthy range I let things slip. I used to only treat myself once a week to things like cake or biscuits but slowly its crept back to being nearly everyday because in my head "I deserve it" when really the truth is I don't I deserve better food than that! I've also never done very much exercise so diet is even more important to keep it off!

I've been here nearly a year and can't believe after all the hard work I've put in I've started letting it slip. I don't want to prove all those doubters right and put it all back on again.

I've got to get back on track and fast. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• mywght4lfe
    Options
    yes I was down to 156lbs and after the holidays I put those 10lbs right back on I am only 5ft and am considered obese for my height. Diabetes, and heart disease and cancer run on both sides of the family for me plus I want to live long enough for my husband and my kids I am with you.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i got to a lovely weight last year.... since then i've passed my driving test, learnt how to make things like cheese cake and banoffee pie, stopped playing team sports and i'm in a happy and 'comfortable' relationship! i've had a year of letting things slip, time to shift it again, hopefully for the last time!
  • shuttersound_
    Options
    Gosh, I know what it's like to see your weight go up and down on the scales! I'm eighteen but I've always ALWAYS struggled with my weight. When I was eight I was overweight, and it was bad for my health (obviously) so the doctors recommended I was put on a diet and exercise regime to shed a few pounds. I reached the right weight, and until i was twelve I was a good weight, and then I slipped back to being overweight. And I shed it off, and then when I was 15 I got too fat and then I dieted and now I can see that my weight is going up again. I'm very short so compared to everyone else my weight is actually not that high, but for a person of my height I'm getting a bit on the chubby side. This time I'm determind to catch it before I get any heavier though! If you want you can add me for motivation and support, I'm always there to lend a helping hand, I've been through it OVER and OVER again ... It's just the same old story for me, unfortunately.
  • k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    12 years ago I used to be 18 stone (252 lbs)

Through a 15 month exercise and diet period I transformed myself down to 12st (168lb).

As a reward, I went on an all inclusive 2 week holiday, and I ate like a pig. I told myself 'sure it's a holiday' and I'll be good again when I get home. Trouble is, I gradually let the bad habits back into my life.

As of a couple of weeks ago, I was right back to 18st (252lb) which has taken 10 years to accumulate.

I get so cross, angry, ashamed with myself for letting this happen. I could see the weight gradually going on. People were telling me, but any time I was eating I kept telling myself things like, 'just one more scoop - I'll be good tomorrow'.

I understand how you feel, and hope you can make another determined effort to reach your goal.

Mark
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was so good on MFP last year. I had lost 35 pounds or so in 4 months and was following my diet and exercise program pretty faithfully. Then I was sick for a few weeks and didn't want to work out. Then we were moving and I was too stressed...you know where this is headed. Lame excuse, lame excuse, lame excuse, leading me to putting it all back on, plus about 2 more pounds. I had decided that after the holidays I was going to get serious again. So I'm 2 weeks into my second MFP go round. Oh, and let's not even talk about the gastric bypass I had ten years ago. But I'm feeling optimistic and energetic and hopeful that I can maintain not the weight, but the lifestyle.
  • chrismark1usa
    Options
    You have to find another way to motivate yourself. I used to have "treats" too for doing a good job, but my daughter pointed out that I am not a dog, and I don't need "cookies" for good behavior. Made sense to me. What I am going to do is for every 10 pounds I loose, I'm going to buy myself something personal like a new shirt or earrings, or something. It is hard to loose 10 pounds. You have to watch what you eat for 5-6 weeks. Even though 10 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, it's huge to be that discipled for that long. Hang in there!!! You can do it!!! This is your year to look fantastic.