feeling hungry

Options
2 days too weigh in struggling today

Replies

• sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough protien to keep hunger away.
  • inkleberry75
    Options
    Eat high protein snacks.....100 calorie pack almonds flavored with cocoa are good....cheese stick, (reduced fat) Chiobani yogurt, hard boiled egg, fiber one bar.......good luck on the weigh in...
  • ssassorossi
    Options
    The biggest thing I've learned so far (and I haven't been doing this for too long, but this is just my observation) is you have to look at every calorie and see how much it will fill you up. Things with a lot of protein, 60 calorie soups, and just dense items will do a lot better of a job.

For example, I thought I was going to run a few days ago so I ate an 80 calorie Mini Luna bar. Usually I wouldn't "waste" 80 calories on something so not-filling, but because I thought I was going to burn off the calories I did it. When I didn't make it to the gym, I was mad at myself for wasting those calories when I could have had an egg or a cup of soup for that much. Both of which would have been a lot more filling.

If you need ideas, I eat eggs every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I'll have 5 hard boiled egg whites, but usually it is 2 fried eggs and a fried egg white. My lunch always has a little meat in it; today I'm having some apples and tuna. When I get home from school I'll eat a Chobani 0% fat greek yogurt, and then because I've eaten so few calories I don't have to worry about the high protein foods for the rest of my day.

A lot of people will suggest eating nuts, and while they are delicious, they just DO NOT fill me up so I stay away from them completely. For 100 calories of almonds (about 14), I will sometimes have red pepper dipped in hummus, some greek yogurt, a banana (not protein, but they fill me up), or some turkey with a Laughing Cow cheese triangle.

Hope that my suggestions helped!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weigh in! Hang in there! We can all do this with each others help!
  • paulslimjonesbryant
    Options
    thanks all i made yesterday without breaking