Just wanted to introduce myself...Hi!!!

Options
Hi. I just signed up on here a few days ago. Just a little about myself. I just turned the big 3-0 last October. Getting older and looking at my physical health, I knew it was time for a lifestyle change. I'm just tired of not having energy and feeling sluggish all the time. I'm a stay-at-home mom (first) and my husband and I own our own business that we run from home. I've been married for 6 years to a wonderful man and we have a 5 year old son. My husband and I are both on the heavy side. We are working together to change our eating habits (which have been pretty bad) and to exercise more. We just moved to TN about 8 months ago and are finally settling down. At the beginning of last year, we started to change our eating habits and we were doing really well with it. I lost about 12 lbs and my husband lost about 30lbs. But we were in a rough situation and had to move, so the healthy eating kinda got pushed to the back burner. This time I'm not going to let that happen. I'm ready for a permanent change. I need a permanent change. I'm ready to feel better about myself. I'm ready to go shopping for a new wardrobe. :) But most of all, I want to set a good example for my son and teach him the right ways to eat and be healthy. He's my biggest motivator. I look forward to meeting some new people on here. (Sorry for rambling on.) God Bless.

Replies

• ray8chul
    ray8chul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you haven't used it before, this app is great for keeping yourself accountable and tracking how healthy you are... I find that it's good to report it and to have friends in the forum that encourage you and most of all keep you coming back.

If you're looking for buddies, just send me an invite. I think you can never have enough fitness/nutrition friends, no matter what your goals might be.

Rachael
  • Grizzly_Mike
    Options
    I think you can never have enough fitness/nutrition friends, no matter what your goals might be.

I agree with Rachael feel free to add me as well. I am semi new to this but it is definitely working so far!
  • bigpukekochick
    Options
    Hi there, I have been doing this for nearly two weeks now and am happy to support you in your journey if you like. Me in a nutshell, I am 32, stay at home mum of 3, married and from New Zealand. So feel free to add me as a friend if you like and if not then may you reach your goal weight and enjoy every moment of it :)
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this as well. I just started Monday and have dropped 2 1/2 pounds! I would love to have friends on here as I would like to have a little accountability. I have finally gotten tired of the extra weight i've been carrying around. I'm a stay at home mom with 6 year old twins. Not only did I not lose the "baby weight" but I have also gained weight on top of that. I'm new to the healthy lifestyle as I haven't much cared about what kind of food i've consumed up until now, but as I get close to 30 I know it's something I need to really pay attention to.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me
    good luck :)
  • jellybean41
    jellybean41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am a working mom, 2 kids, 3 if you count my husband :) I joined last week and I am having a very difficult time staying with the program :( I love food, it's my comfort zone. I have 20+ pounds to lose and I need help!!! Can't do it on my own!!!!
  • jujubean3
    jujubean3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Julie,
    I used Sparkpeople in the past off and on. My neice turned me on to this page, so far I love it. I have a goal to lose 25 pounds. Its not really about getting into a smaller size, ok it is alittle. It is more about getting in shape and feeling like I have the energy to have fun. I am a kindergarten aide. I was a stay at home mom for the last 15 years. Ive been married for 20 years. I have 3 kids ages 11, 14 and 17.

I have never reached my goal weight in all the times I have tried. I really want to do it this time. I am pushing 50 and I would love to be in better health for the next phase of my life.

I welcome new friends who can help me stay on track and reach my goal.
  • blessedmomma16
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's really great all the support you get on here. I'm having a little bit of a rough time starting. But once I get into the groove of things, I think I'll be ok.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Best advice I can pass along . . .

Eat your exercise calories.

You should eat back your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.
  • blessedmomma16
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • hddoughty
    Options
    Hello. . .I just starting using this app at the first of the year as well. I'm no stranger to weight gain but 2 years ago i decided to make a change and I haven't looked back since. Accountability is KEY. . . lean on others when you need to and celebrate your goals!!