Trying to lose weight and looking for friends and motivation

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jennifer. I am 28 years old, married (husband is a truck driver) and have 1 dog. No children. I am currently deployed with the Army but will be back home in a couple months. I plan on doing 8 more years of active duty army but they are getting really strict on weight and therefore I feel I need to do something to improve my life.

I’m 5’6 and 162 pounds.
My weaknesses are: Cheesecake, Chocolate, Pasta and anything with cheese on it.
I notice I eat when bored, stressed, lonely, sad, and pretty much any other time.
I come from a very petit family and therefore they do not understand my weight struggles. I have to admit that since I got married, my friends have diminished. We grew apart so I always feel like I’m alone in my weight struggle. I am hoping an online community might help. But alas, I’ve tried to do online calorie counting sites before and normally do really well for 1 week and then give up. I have the tendency to eat really well for 3-4 days and then the next day I completely overeat. And I’m not just saying 1 extra slice of pie. I’ll eat a whole pie, or a whole cheesecake. I’ve sat down and ate a half gallon of ice-cream right out of the container with a spoon. I have eaten a whole pan of brownies, smothered in ice cream with a frozen coffee drink and followed by a frozen peanut butter pie.
After having a day of overindulging I normally give up on my weight loss goal. I’m trying to take this one week at a time. My first goal is to make it through the first week without overindulging and without giving up.

Things I do:
I run and track my miles with Nike + I am very slow at running but enjoy seeing how many miles I can run.
I do situps and pushups for the army PT test.
I am starting Chalene’s Extreme Workout Video today.
I plan on weighing myself every Friday.

Replies

• Jendulin
    Options
    Always looking for friends add if you want :flowerforyou:

11335269.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'll give you some support sister! Add me and we can encourage each other. Thank you for your service to our country!
  • milissamartini
    Options
    My husband just retired from the Army ;-). Thanks for your service!!! Please add me as well
  • sdjanelle
    sdjanelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We sound exactly alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 5'4 150 now, and I struggle every single day with sweets and carbs. Its seriously an addition. I noticed you mentioned running. I always wanted to be a runner and I was definitely not born to be one! I have completed 2 half marathons in the last 6 months and its such a great feeling! I suggest signing up for something, it can be something shorter, it gives you something to look forward to, and great motivation!
  • emverghese
    emverghese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!
  • sdjanelle
    sdjanelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And by the way.... you look great! Even with your over indulging! Your hard work will pay off! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Please add me, we can motivate each other x
  • msessRN
    msessRN Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm always looking to support people and add friends in this weight losing journey. Feel free to add me as a friend anytime. I would love to encourage you! And thank you for your service to our country! You are AMAZING!!!
  • tresye
    tresye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WE ALL CAN USE MOTIVATION! Lets be friends!
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me too. I usually start a diet and then give up after a week or so. Something feels different this time though. I think having support really helps. You can add me if you want :)
    P.s I have noticed that I only over eat if I deny myself everyday. I think if you let yourself cheat a little once in a while then you won't feel deprived and want to eat eveything in sight. Believe me I have had nights like that too. Since signing up for MFP I have let myself have a cookie here and there and I haven't had one pig out night. I hope that helps. You can do it!!
  • areed06
    Options
    You sound like me too! I am 28 years old and I just recently separated from the US Navy after 9 years. I have 2 kids and I have been trying to lose weight but I need some motivational friends as well to keep me on my journey. I am currently in my 2nd week of the Insanity Workout challenge (pray for me) lol Please feel free to add me. :happy:
  • maximus0721
    Options
    Just rejoined, feel free to add also................................anyone......and good luck with what you set ou to achieve :laugh:
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Hi I'm a Navy Vet Married to an Active Sailor so i get the struggles feel free to add me if you want!! and Welcome !!!
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    First of all, Thank You for serving our country :-) Secondly, I was in the same boat about a month ago, before joining MFP. I love love love sweets and cheese and bread and pasta!!!! All the wrong things LoL and I also had tried using calorie counters before, but it never worked out... I joined MFP about a month ago and have been really surprised how well I have been doing with logging food and exercise!! Plus, the support you get from MFP friends is just the right thing, especially on a bad day. I've lost 8 lbs so far, and am more determined than ever!!! I'm sending a friend request your way! And best of luck to you! :-)