Success (but not vent free)

Options
Davelh1976
Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
94 lbs lost so far, Pretty excited 56 to go! Love fittin in old clothes.... HOWEVER I am so tired of people watching everything I eat and drink! if I eat something in public I am told to becareful you do not want to gain it back.... DUH really People hold food up to me like i am some kind of animal trying to fetch me? Everyday someone will ask are you still losing or started gainin back? Recently I enjoyed a soda and someone made a huge deal about it and thought I had fell off the wagon until they realized it was a diet.. I am so sick of this treatment.. But on the flip side when people find out i weigh less than them they get so upset! people believe they have on heavy shoes, retaining excess water or i am dehydrated... LOL they will not accept I weigh less than them! good luck MFP friends chin up and keep going forward!.....

Replies

• Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Go Dave, go!! In the immortal words of Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake." Take great joy in the accomplishments that you've made so far. You have had the power to take it to this level. Most of the naysayers are jealous because they don't think they have that kind of willpower (and most of them don't). Be proud of your success. You have come a long way. Keep on pluggin!

"No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt~
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look awesome. I wouldn't know what to say if people dis that to me. Probably snap and tell them thanks for the concern, but I'm very conscious about what I eat and I've got it under control. Keep smiling and keep at it!
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Haters will hate. But you're better than that. GOOD JOB. Keep it up :)
  • pinboop
    Options
    Wow isn't that the truth!! Hey congrats on your success! I am on this 4 days. I want to lose 25 pounds. This plan reminds me of Weight Watchers in the tracking of food. I think just awareness of what you are eating makes such a difference. I would eat a 9 oz can of cashews after work (before dinner!!!) I now realize that 1 oz is 170 cal. I was eating around 1500 calories in one sitting!! Duh no wonder I was putting on weight! I have a wonderful scale to help me weigh my portions. I highly recommend steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. It helps me feel full & not be hungry. Yummy too! Oh well didn't mean to write you a book. Keep on going!!! Betty in Illinois
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Forgive them, Dave, for they know not what they do...

They will calm down. They really will. Especially if you don't "feed" the conversation. When they say things like that, just put on a blank face and say something vague and non-committal like "huh." Or "hmmm." I'm a die hard behaviorist, and, believe me, people really *will* stop responding if they get no feedback from you. It can actually be quite hilarious sometimes, to watch them get uncomfortable when you don't "respond" in ways they've come to expect. People don't like to feel uncomfortable, so eventually, they just stop.

But enough advice from me. Because YOU ARE THE MAN! Congratulations on your success!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think people are like that because they have no idea what it takes to lose weight. I've had to educate a lot of people about what successful dieting is all about. It's NOT about starving or eating celery and carrots all day. You can absolutely be on a diet and still drink a regular soda. You can even have a brownie or fries or a hamburger.

It's irritating, but it's your chance to spread the news about what actually works when it comes to losing weight. Maybe they'll be inspired enough to lose their own weight.:wink:
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I know what you mean! If I so much as eat a tiny piece of candy in front of my mom she says "Oh, you're not dieting anymore?". Goodness gracious.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Gah : the ever lingering saying on my mums lips " Do you really need that"
  • khsmomma
    khsmomma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honey, I am so proud of you! I can't say that enough. Hang in there. You inspire me. :flowerforyou:

Your wifey. :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!