food addiction to McNuggets?

Options
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2092071/Stacey-Irvine-17-collapses-eating-McDonalds-chicken-nuggets-age-2.html#ixzz1kdFR1hbU

just wondering if anyone had seen this (apologies if its been posted already)

my first thoughts

1) i cannot imagine only eating one thing for my whole life, nor have i heard of anyone being so addicted to a food
2) they didnt really paint McDonalds in a negative light, which I think is appropriate. Everyone is aware that fast food is bad for you, but really this type of situation would likely occur if you ate nothing but one item your whole life
3) I was a bit surprised to see she was thin, but then again she is still young with a fast metabolism

Replies

• fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Her parents failed.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Since age 2? ... Oh deary me...

On a side note, I really like her converse.
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Her parents failed.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Epic fail...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    dont know if this is 100% true but since this i have not touched a chicken nugget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E

Some nuggets - yes. Mcdonald's - no.
    It's pretty easy to tell by looking at the meat. Meat should be fibrous. If it's spongy, it's mechanically separated.

I used to be addicted to LJS. Ate it every single day fora year. They started giving me the employee discount...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'd get really sick of eating the same food all day long. Hooooly crap.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I sure hope no one tries to blame that on McDonalds. It isn't their fault. It's the parents fault. My son is a picky eater but I don't give in to him wanting junk.

Obviously those parents didn't give a crap.

I can't even imagine how awful my body would feel if that's all I ate.
  • scampbellx
    Options
    Don't know if you are in the UK but if you are do you remember a program called fussy eaters - I was so suprised at how skinny some of them were but considering they only ate one thing their body is probably not getting any nutrients whatsoever. That girl has serious dark rings around her eyes for a 17 year old.

I think it's child abuse really, from the age of 2 if your child refuses to eat anything except chicken nuggets (why give mcdonalds to a 2 year old anyway) surely you would take them to a dietrician not just pander to them when you know it's going to be detrimental to your childs health? I just don't get it.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    dont know if this is 100% true but since this i have not touched a chicken nugget.

Some nuggets - yes. Mcdonald's - no.
    It's pretty easy to tell by looking at the meat. Meat should be fibrous. If it's spongy, it's mechanically separated.

I used to be addicted to LJS. Ate it every single day fora year. They started giving me the employee discount...

Chicken tenders > McNuggets

Nothing like getting a chicken finger basket from some diner or dive with some hot sauce and ranch. Beats the heck out of McNuggets any day of the week.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    it says in the article that her mom is 39 - so she would have been a young mom of 22 (still not THAT young, but young) ....doesnt mention anything about the dad being in the picture, so maybe she was a young, stressed single mother and found it was easy to just give her daughter mcnuggets since she liked them. Not saying that's right, its not at all, but probably what happened. You'd think though after even just a couple weeks of doing that though, regardless of how young and uninformed the mom was, she'd realize that such a thing is probably not healthy
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That girl is sick. And her parents should have been charged with child abuse years ago.

I mean come on! At least make her have vegetables with those nuggets! Seriously.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just seen this on the morning news. I know so many children who are just like this.
    I don't know how people could be so lazy. My kids sat at the dinner table everynight and ate what I put in front of them. Yea it took time but that is how I was raised.
    If I tried to give them something processed they would look at me like I was crazy. Homemade is always better.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wow. If one tried to write this girl as a fictional character no editor would accept it because it "would never be believed." Interesting that she admits that she also ate McDonald's fries occasionally with her McNugs.

A poster child, really, for the truth that the Quality of one's food choices matters as much as the Quantity. Quality foods cannot happen without diversity - hmmmmmm, just like life.

Poignant wake up call, especially this girl smiling in front of her "food" as she consciously choses to commit suicide. . .

-Debra
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Her parents failed.

exactly! someone had to be driving her there at age 2!
  • fatnomo100
    Options

This made me sick....BLAHHHHH