In the market for a HRM

Options
Alright! So, I'm in the market to buy a hear rate monitor...what's your recommendation??

Replies

• KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    I recommend the one I have which is the Polar FT4. there are different HRMs but from what I have seen there are a lot of recommendations for Polar. The website I got it from was also the cheapest around that I found, so if you want to check it out the site is http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_heart_rate_monitors
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Oh and its free shipping and no tax :)
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I have Polar FT4. Love it.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The polar F4 and F7 seem to be the most popular however I went with a Suunto and happy that I did... Looks much nicer, slightly more expensive though
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    I have the Sportline - 915 Solo Heart Rate Watch for Women - Gray Model: SP4995GY and I love it! Best Buy currently has this one for about $60.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Polar. I own a FT40 for over 2 years. works great. had to replace the strap but that was my stupidity. didn't follow the washing and caring for directions. Whatever brand you decide just make sure you get one with a chest strap. They are much more accurate than the ones that don't have one.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7! Does everything I need it to, and it was only $70 on Amazon. Added bonus: I wear the watch part every day and am constantly getting compliments on it.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Polar Ft4!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N1 and I like it. Its also pretty cheap on amazon...i think for about $40
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7!
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not for everyone but I love my Zephyr Bluetooth HRM. You can read a full review here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shivaslives/view/review-of-the-zephyr-hxm-bluetooth-heart-rate-monitor-176022

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and love it!
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I recommend the one I have which is the Polar FT4. there are different HRMs but from what I have seen there are a lot of recommendations for Polar. The website I got it from was also the cheapest around that I found, so if you want to check it out the site is http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_heart_rate_monitors
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Oh and its free shipping and no tax :)

^THIS THIS THIS. I bought my Polar FT4 from the same website. I love it. It works great.
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I bought a non-polar HRM, it was way more expensive, and it worked like crap.
    It kept telling me my peak HR was like 230, and after 30 mins of weight lifting, I burned 1000 calories
    Not true, obviously

I exchanged it for a Polar FT7, and I've been in love with it ever since.
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    polar ft4 ft7 / or ft model in your budget.
    I went with ft60

main reasons are service, warranty, and most gym equip use polar electronics so your hr will display on machine

try ebay got my ft60 for under 90 shipped
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Looks like I will be buying an FT4.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Be smart. Get the Polar!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I gotta get a plug in for Garmin. I have the Forerunner 305 and like it quite a bit. Sometimes the interface gets a little clunky...and I've never tried a polar, so I don't know what that's like.