Body Media Armbands?

Options
Have any of you bought and used the Body media armbands? I keep seeing the ad on this website as well as others and I'm wondering if they would be worth the money. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• cowgirlnabby
    Options
    bump
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have one. It's great to have a better estimate of how many calories I'm really burning in a day. It's interesting. I'm burning more than my MFP estimates were when I just do "nothing" - no exercise, just my normal daily activity. However, it says I burn less than I thought when I exercise. I don't know if other people find it to be so as well.

It also keeps track of your sleep, which is interesting. I know I wake up in the night a couple of times every night, but I never realized how much I am awake in the night. I don't know if that's entirely accurate or not, though. There are some nights it says I slept terribly and I feel great the next morning, and vice versa.

There is a monthly subscription charge after the first 3 months. I don't remember what it is now because they just lowered the price. I think it's $6-something a month.
  • imitedlay7
    imitedlay7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a body media armband. I love it! It's the most acurate way to track how many calories you are actually burning during the day. You may be burning less or more calories during your exercise than what it shows on here. Which, if you are a person that eats your exercise calories back, could hinder your weight loss.I track my food on here and my calorie burn with the body media device. This way, I get a more accurate calorie deficit and if I've burned 2500 calories and only eaten 1200, I know I can eat a little bit more and still have a good deficit. The food database on the body media website doesn't even compare to myfitnesspal. Every time I have tried to put food in on there, I have to create the food. I absolutely love my body media device!
  • Applelina
    Options
    I have the bodybugg but I find the calorie estimates and exercise estimates less than what is on MFP. I would feel I was doing really good and watching my calories and knowing when I could have a small "snack", but I wasn't losing. It is very interesting to see the estimates, but it also runs about $20 a month for the service. I'm thinking about using it in conjunction with MFP and see how that works for me.
  • cowgirlnabby
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I think it would be a great motivator (for me) to be able to see the caloric totals, etc. I think I may give it a try!