Abs and running: 60+ pounds lost with pics!

Options

Replies

• CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    You've inspired me! I will be hitting the running store for a new pair of shoes this weekend!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great transformation - awsome abs!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work!
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am running my first 8k at the end of March. My goal is to lose 13 more pounds by my 40th b-day in May. Your story is encouraging. Keep it up.
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations! I am running my first 8k at the end of March. My goal is to lose 13 more pounds by my 40th b-day in May. Your story is encouraging. Keep it up.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Thanks for posting!
  • maximus0721
    Options
    Mate your an inspiration, well done, and good luck on the 10K
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    You look terrific....Congratulations on your hard-earned body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    Truely inspirational..........that is AMAZING! Great job, brother.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Purrrrr
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Nice abs. :)
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    Echo everyone else, fantastic job, well done!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look fantastic!
  • newlaura30
    Options
    I started MFP back in February 2011 and I have currently lost about 62 pounds. For the first time in my life, I feel and look healthy. As a child I've always been overweight and have never been pleased with way I look. To be where I am now, it is the most amazing feeling in the world. For once, I can actually start to see my abs! I know it's vain, but I've never been able to see my abdominals before.

beforeafter-1.jpg

Since I've started running, I've ran a few 5k races and I plan to run my first 10k in about a month. I'd like to thank my family and friends - especially here on MFP - for all of the encouragement over this past year. For those of you who are committed to exercise and nutrition, keep it up. The results will pay off over time - stick to your goals and work hard! :happy:
    wow that is amazing check out your abs very nice and inspiring of course...keep at it
  • Rozlynmac
    Options
    Running is my weakest "talent" how did you build up to 5k ? thats my dream. To give you an idea of my fitness level..
    I workout 3-4 times a week Spinning, Boxing, Stregth training and Yoga

I can only run one day and I can only manage a max of 5 mins.

Sounds like you're running too fast when you do run. And that'll only do one thing - kill you after the same length of time every time. Slow it down, big time, to a jog where you can chat to someone, or sing along to the music (in a breathy & not very tuneful fashion). If you get too tired, walk for a couple of minutes to recover then jog slowly again. And repeat until you've had enough. As it gets easier, you'll get the jogging going longer, the walking needing less. Keep it slow and it'll work. Faster will come by itself without trying.

You can also shorten your strength workouts and stick some running on the end. Or intersperse sets with 5 mins on the treadmill, but again, keep it steady so you can breathe.

And to the OP, I'm well impressed! Congrats on your happiness :D
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats!!!
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!! You look great!!!! Stick with it and don't lose those abs!! :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    homina homina! good job :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    you go boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!