Need a buddy! A REAL buddy!

Options
Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I am not new to this site, or to losing weight but I am starting anew..once again. That's frustrating and exciting at the same time; as last year at this time I had lost 60 lbs with the help of all my friends and MFP! I will do it again though, and so much more!

I love all my friends that I have made here and they are mostly supportive! But, sometimes I feel like I almost have TOO many friends that just post on feeds to simply post but they don't truly take more than a second to think about it; what they're saying doesn't phase them, etc. They think they're being encouraging and motivating (and their words are meant to do this!) but its just not personal enough for me. I hope none of my friends take offense to this b/c its not meant to be that way! And I do have more personal conversations with a handful of them - so its definitely not meant towards you all! :heart:

My point is, I would like someone who genuinely cares, and takes time out of their day to get to know me, motivate me, etc. I, of course, would do the same in return. It'd be nice to have someone to lean on when things are rough, someone who gets just as excited as I do about every pound lost, someone to just be there in every way whether its via email, text, phone, etc. More than a just "hi how was your day?" Someone who is dealing with the same struggles, etc. Maybe even similar goals, but doesn't have to be. I don't have much of a support system at home, so I really need this. Last year, I lost weight with my sister-n-law; and we were there for each other. Personal things going in my life kind of disrupted that...and we are not as close as before.

Anyway, long story short, if anyone is looking for a buddy (someone who will actually be there!) then please let me know!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this, I know it was sort of all over the place! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mixmastermolly
    Options
    Message me! :)
  • Kimtucker11
    Options
    That is funny that your screen name is Healthy by 30....that's my goal too! I will be 29 in May and have about 170lbs to lose. I am also doing weight watchers and LOVING it! I found MFP as i discovered that they have a lot of foods in their database that WW doesn't and i can use the WW calculator with the MFP database to figure my points per meal. The hardest part for me is the exercise. I have big dreams like being a fitness and bikini model...or running a marathon...but those dreams are far away and sometimes seem unattainable. I began WW on 1/14/12 and at this point i am down 9lbs. I know it will get harder as i go, but I am hoping to be able to stick with it this time!
  • rahonda28
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • lgraham92
    lgraham92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Been using Fitday for the past year and a bit, recently started using mfp after a friend from another forum recommended it. Currently he's my only buddy on here, but feel free to add me if you like =) I've gone from 300~ lbs down to 199, and am continuing to drop! I know what it's like when you just need to talk!

*Edit* - Although you appear to be a redwings fan, and I'm an Oilers fan, I think I could probably let that slide.
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looks like you might be from Michigan with the redwing thing :) i'm from michigan. Maybe we are close to each other :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Message me! :)

Definitely will do Molly! :)
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Looks like you might be from Michigan with the redwing thing :) i'm from michigan. Maybe we are close to each other :)

I live in Northwest Lower Michigan, you?
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Been using Fitday for the past year and a bit, recently started using mfp after a friend from another forum recommended it. Currently he's my only buddy on here, but feel free to add me if you like =) I've gone from 300~ lbs down to 199, and am continuing to drop! I know what it's like when you just need to talk!

*Edit* - Although you appear to be a redwings fan, and I'm an Oilers fan, I think I could probably let that slide.

Love the wings! <3