Alternatives to Shakeology

Options
Hey everyone, so I have tried a sample of the chocolate shakeology, and granted it tastes really good. I have read up on some posts about it in the past, and there are plenty of mixed reviews. It is definitely too expensive for me, and I feel there may be to much sugar in it as well. So I was wondering if yall could give me some insight on what I could use that would give me the same effect, or better effects as the shakes. I really don't want to be taking a straight protein shake, cause I tend to put on a lot of muscle naturally when I loose weight, but I just have no clue what I should be taking. Thanks for reading and posting in advanced, and happy loosing!!

P.S. THIS IS NOT A POST FOR BICKERING, I JUST WANT GOOD INFORMATION. THANKS. It just seems this is a hot topic to most.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Check out various common whey proteins and add a multi vitamin for starters. Optimum Nutrition is great in my opinion but I haven't checked their sugar content.

. I really don't want to be taking a straight protein shake, cause I tend to put on a lot of muscle naturally when I loose weight,

And I am trying to be helpful here: Disregard your above fear entirely as it is in your head, and I'm not saying this to belittle you and you probably are thinking "Who the hell are you to tell me what MY body does". But, that's exactly what I am doing. You will not gain muscle fast from taking protein and I'm willing to bet that if you ate at a deficit and engaged in heavy weightlifting you STILL wouldn't gain muscle fast.
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Check out various common whey proteins and add a multi vitamin for starters. Optimum Nutrition is great in my opinion but I haven't checked their sugar content.

. I really don't want to be taking a straight protein shake, cause I tend to put on a lot of muscle naturally when I loose weight,

And I am trying to be helpful here: Disregard your above fear entirely as it is in your head, and I'm not saying this to belittle you and you probably are thinking "Who the hell are you to tell me what MY body does". But, that's exactly what I am doing. You will not gain muscle fast from taking protein and I'm willing to bet that if you ate at a deficit and engaged in heavy weightlifting you STILL wouldn't gain muscle fast.

Thanks, I am just naturally muscular underneath it all. I guess I'm just nervous that I'd turn into a giant muscle beast, lol. But you are probably right, I do have a lot of fat to burn off before those muscle start building up anyway. Thanks for the info.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am just naturally muscular underneath it all. I guess I'm just nervous that I'd turn into a giant muscle beast, lol. But you are probably right, I do have a lot of fat to burn off before those muscle start building up anyway. Thanks for the info.

I have yet to see ANYONE who "builds muscle fast".

You have likely seen female STEROID USING bodybuilders who, quite frankly, look like they grow beards and pee standing up, if you know what I mean.

In the absence of "pharmacy assisted" training, you're just not going to have the hormone levels required to get to the point that you look like a ball-wielding man. Please trust me on this.

I would encourage you to consume adequate protein and train with weights so that you don't lose any of that muscle that you've got underneath. When you lose that fat, something remarkable will be un-hidden and I'm willing to bet that you will love what it looks like. ... and it won't look like a man.