I'm SO Hungry!

Options
I don't know if it's because it's "that time of month" or what but my stomach is GROOOOWWWWLING right now. I could eat 7 burgers if they were in front of me.

What the heck is going on? I'm in week 3 and this is freaking me out.

Replies

• CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Eat. Whats stopping you from eating. If you hungry, EAT :-)
  • MissJenn33
    Options

I am eating right now. I just want more. And I don't want to eat more and go over for the day. Weigh in is tomorrow.
  • elgo1819
    Options
    Hunger was by far my biggest obstical. My salvation was water. What I did, was get a water bottle, and drink. Drink water water water. I was drinking close to 20 bottles a day. It gave me the feeling of having a full stomach, and bladder, side effect, but it helped.
  • elgo1819
    Options
    If you're concerned with a weigh in, this may have negative effects numbers wise, water weight. But in the long run, you'll lose fat. Also no need to drink a case of bottles a day, just refill it. :)
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    If you're concerned with a weigh in, this may have negative effects numbers wise, water weight. But in the long run, you'll lose fat. Also no need to drink a case of bottles a day, just refill it. :)

I added a little lite chicken salad to my snack. I may go over the 1200 cals today but that amount of hunger was too distracting. I drink water all the time but not a case a day. Isn't there such a thing as too much water?
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh, i'm right there with you. Yesterday and today I"ve been STARVING! and over on calories. I think part of it may be because I went back to the gym this week but really. its 11:05am and I've already eaten both afternoon snacks. i've been drinking water but I"m hungry! alright, I'll stop whining now.
  • pidnit
    pidnit Posts: 11
    Options
    I am having the same issue and, when I looked at profiles, we are all from PA. Maybe, it's the crazy weather we are having?????
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Are you set up with the correct amount of net calories? Whenever someone on here says they are hungry, they are only eating that darn 1200 calorie diet! :laugh:
  • yeahhtangerine
    Options
    I was in the same boat last week when it was my time of the month. It's normal to gain up to 10 pounds just for being on your period! I gained 7 and freaked out! Plus all I wanted was chocolate! I'm not going to lie, I cheated for a few days and even had a couple handfuls of m&ms. But I still counted my calories even if I went over! And as soon as my menses was over I got right back into the gym and eating right and that 7 pounds slid off and then some! You're a women, you can't change that! But you also cant beat yourself up for being hungry either.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Eat! Try to eat something with protein to help keep you full longer. If you go over in cals, add in some exercise. Listen to your body.
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    I am having the same issue and, when I looked at profiles, we are all from PA. Maybe, it's the crazy weather we are having?????

That's funny! The fog and rain and crap are making me hungry. I just finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy so that could get me all sorts of paranoid....But that's for another set of message boards. lol
  • asfischer
    asfischer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies!! You can eat as much as you want and they will fill you up :-)
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My trick, I drink at least 12oz of water before I eat anything. Then I choose something with fiber, I'll add protein if I'm exceptionally hungry.
    Example: A large apple with a tablespoon (or two if needed) of peanut butter
    A big handful of baby carrots with a Laughing Cow Cheese
    Cheese can be a big salvation if you have the right kind, the protein and fats really help figth those hunger pains.
    Being hungry isn't really a bad thing, it's the foods that you choose to satify yourself with that can be the problem.

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Protein................
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    eat something calorie dense that will keep you full-- protein/good fat/fiber. Remember at 1200 you're at a deficit so if you go over you can still maintain.
  • CallmeSbo
    Options

I am eating right now. I just want more. And I don't want to eat more and go over for the day. Weigh in is tomorrow.

What did you eat? Last week a MFP member posted a very delicious Omelette recipe, it very filling. You just add oat bran. I tried it today for breakfast. By 3pm I was still full frm it. Try to eat more protein and healthy fat...Personally water doesn't fill me when I'm hungry...
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    My trick, I drink at least 12oz of water before I eat anything. Then I choose something with fiber, I'll add protein if I'm exceptionally hungry.
    Example: A large apple with a tablespoon (or two if needed) of peanut butter
    A big handful of baby carrots with a Laughing Cow Cheese
    Cheese can be a big salvation if you have the right kind, the protein and fats really help figth those hunger pains.
    Being hungry isn't really a bad thing, it's the foods that you choose to satify yourself with that can be the problem.

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow.

yes to this^^^^ the peanut butter has to be the crunchy one though for me..Good luck
  • mandyfranke
    Options
    Eat! Try to eat something with protein to help keep you full longer. If you go over in cals, add in some exercise. Listen to your body.

I eat the Speacial K protein bars; they have 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. They keep me full for a couple hours.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It could very well be hormonal.
    It could very well be that you havn't been eating enough calories the last 3 weeks, and it is finally catching up to you.
    It could be that you ate something that has caused your body to crave more so analyze your food journal.

Do what you can to get through today. Good Luck. Drink lots of water! Protein!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Chewing gum has really helped me. I eat when I'm bored so for me to keep my mouth busy with gum...saves me calories and gives me flavoring like a meal does so it tricks my brain.