Running shoes??? Reasonable price

Options
fiveferrels
fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
Whats the best running shoes, reasonably priced?

I am a Nike shoe kinda guy

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    what do you consider a reasonable price?

I have a pair of Brooks...paid about $100. I went to a local running store and got fitted where the watch you walk and look at whether or not you pronate and suggest a shoe.

For what it's worth, I like Nike too, for looks. But for running, I think they're pretty horrible. Just my opinion.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I just got a pair of GoRun from skechers. They were 80.00. I love them, haven't been able to use them much yet with the snow and all this rain though.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    get fitted and then buy from www.roadrunnersports.com !
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Agreed! I got fitted with Saucony Grid Stabil (I overpronate) years ago at Marathon Sports (MA). Then I go online and buy the shoe for the best price I can find. The best of both worlds. Best advice I ever got was to buy the shoe 1/2 to 1 size bigger than your normal size. Leave room for those toes to move!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Get fitted then shop price on line
  • kirstiepaula
    kirstiepaula Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nike's are actually really bad for running! Agreed with the whole getting fitted at a store first, then look at eastbay.com! :)
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nike's are not bad for running. Where in the world would you have heard that?

Shop at www.runningwarehouse.com. Best prices and customer service. Free shipping. They always have last year's model priced significantly lower. I usually end up paying $60 for running shoes after their clearance and Facebook promotional code.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I figure anything uunder $100 is good.

How many miles do you put them before you replace?
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Check out the clearance racks at the sporting goods stores. I can usually find a shoe that I like and feels comfortable that has a good discount.
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have you all noticed a big difference on your feet and joints having shoes specially fit for your personal issues? I have always considered it......
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I buy my husband and son New Balance. I get them on sale and they run about $60 each.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm a minimalist runner. I do not go barefoot, but the vibram fivefingers or the minimalist selections from merrell or new balnace are nice too if you don't like the toe look.

Read up on all you options, and make an educated decision. More padding in the shoe isn't necessarily better, but if you have legitimate foot problems then less shoe isn't necessarily better either.

I just know that my stride feels much more efficient in the minimal shoes, and after running in them for 2 years a "normal" pair of shoes feels like running in sand.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I agree getting fitted would be best so you know what type of support you need for running. For me and a few of my co-workers we all use Asics and they are reasonably priced! I paid $80 for mine and they are still in good shape after working out and running in them for over 6 months.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options

holabirdsports.com and eastbay.com also always have closeouts. Go shop now! The new "spring" line of running shoes just came out so there's tons of bargains out there.
  • cippalippas
    Options
    First of all sorry for my bad English, then it depends what kind of runner you are, your weight, your goals (if you want to do some competitions), where you usually run, how many you run!!
    Brooks, new balance and Saucony are great products with a reasonable price ;-)
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got my New Balance at DSW. They had a lot of other brands as well, including Nike, with many selections in the $75-$85 range, US.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics. The first pair were around $75 and the 2nd pair were $100. The first pair lasted around 700 miles so they were well worth their money. I wanted to get the exact same model for my 2nd pair but I couldn't find them. I hope this pair lasts as long as the first pair.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    To everyone suggesting getting fitted at a brick and mortar store, then shopping the internet for best price: You all realize that if everyone starts doing that, there will no longer be brick and mortar stores at which you can be fitted, right? right? Maybe it wouldn't hurt you to pay a bit extra for the convenience of good service at those stores...
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am not as "prepared" as others get but I went online and dropped $100 for a pair of Pegasus Air Nikes. Great shoes!
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    I wouldn't buy running shoes without first having a proper gait analysis done at a running shop.I usually expect to pay around £85 per pair. Currently I'm using Saucony Guide 3s.