I WORK 3RD SHIFT....

Options
HOW CAN I GET INTO A WORKABLE DIET PLAN???
1200 CALORIES IS WHAT I AM SUPPOSE TO HAVE PER DAY WITHOUT EXERCISE
I DO GET 30 MINS OF WALKING IN 5 - 6 DAYS PER WEEK:smile:

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just log your calories as you would if you worked normal hours. I normally log 12 am to 11:59pm for one day, starting with my first meal after 12am as "breakfast" and so on.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just log your calories as you would if you worked normal hours. I normally log 12 am to 11:59pm for one day, starting with my first meal after 12am as "breakfast" and so on.

This is exactly the same as I do. Just find what works for you & be consistant. Either 12am to 11:59pm or from waking till you go to sleep.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I start logging my food when I wake up and stop logging my food when I go to sleep. The only variation I do is I stay up all day after my last shift, so I log the new day when I get off work in the morning that one day. Take a look at my food diary if curious (not everything is ideal there, bear that in mind).

Also, look here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/508-night-crawlers
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

This is exactly the same as I do. Just find what works for you & be consistant. Either 12am to 11:59pm or from waking till you go to sleep.

^^ this
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    actually that is what i have been doing ... i actually just started back with MFP
    i stopped a few months ago
  • ycbrewster
    ycbrewster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's how I do it too. I'm currently unemployed, and I'm finding my regular schedule is getting off, and that I'm sometimes having snacks/breakfast at weird hours...but a 12:00a.m. to11:59p.m. concept makes it pretty easy...