HELP! Breakfast Ideas - no eggs or yogurt

Options
Hi All,

Unfortunately I cannot stomach eggs and I dont really like the taste or texture of yogurt so my options for breakfast are pretty limited to me. I am looking for something quick, easy, and preferably something I can take on the go with me. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!!

Danielle

Replies

• cheyniemama
    Options
    I hate eggs too...

Whole wheat toast with nut butter and a piece of fruit

High protein high fiber bar of some sort and a piece of fruit

Non-breakfast-y things you could take:

wrap made with a whole wheat tortilla, turkey and veggies (prep the night before)

smoothie in a to go cup?

prepackaged trail mix (not the kind with M&M's, lol - target has some archer farms brand ones with only dried fruit and nuts for 190 calories,my fave sunny cranberry trail mix)

good luck!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Remember, you don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods for your first meal of the day. Today, I had soup.
  • lovingallofme
    Options
    FRUITS!!! lots of fruits is the start for my day. And when I eat breakfast its not much cause of the fruits.
    which is also another way to lose. Ideas grits, toast, breakfast meat....cereal, toast, meat... and I like the
    other idea you can switch up your meals and have for breakfast.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1/2 c raw Oatmeal prepared with 1.5c water...after it's done mix in 1/4c libby's pumpkin (seasoned with vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, cinnamon & sweetner to taste) topped off with 1 tbsp whole roasted flaxseed and 1 tbsp sugar free flavored creamer.
    All for 210 calories....yummy and keeps me full all morning!!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a whole grain waffle with blueberries. I have yogurt with that, but you could have a cup of skim milk instead.:smile:
  • nembhard212
    nembhard212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1/2 whole grain bagel (toasted)
    2 oz. Lox
    2-3 tbsp. of whipped cream cheese
    1/2 raw grapefruit.

Hope this helps, I got it from the Insanity workout.
    Enjoy!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a little cinnamon and a few raisins.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal
    English muffins with fat free or light cream cheese
    Fruit (I like strawberries with a little Splenda)
  • browniejane
    Options
    How about making and freezing low cal muffins? Lots of recipes can be modified to reduce oil and sugar using fruit juice or applesauce. You can take them out of the freezer before bed and they're thawed by the time you get up.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fruits or cereal/energy bars are good on the go. Oatmeal is nice if you have the time to make it. Cereal is also a good choice. Good luck! I have a hard time finding good breakfast foods too.
  • Yaretzza
    Options
    Hi if that is tha case you should try supplement food by using Herbalife Proteine shakes . Is really tasty healthy I started to use it like a month ago and i lost 13 lps allready. Good Luck !!!!!!
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    English muffin, morningstar sausage, cheese. Oatmeal. Baked oatmeal (love this cold.) Rice porridge (preferably with chicken!) Nugo protein bars. Bran muffins with a bit of peanut butter on em. For quick 'box' bran muffins, I picked up some hodgson mill bran muffins - small box that just makes 6. cottage cheese and fruit (good protein.)
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal, Kashi Waffles (love the blueberry), Fiber One Pancakes (I make them ahead of time and freeze them), Protein Shakes/Smoothies, Whole Wheat Toast with Almond Butter, Fruit...ect. I do eat my waffles and pancakes dry like a muffin though :)....I don't use butter or syrup, but it doesn't bother me to do that.

Breakfast doesn't have to be a typical "Breakfast" food either. If you like have 4oz. of chicken breast and some toast. Eat a handful of nuts with some fruit...

The possibilites are endless!
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love edamame for breakfast!
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking that, I enjoyed reading the responses. I had the same question but because I'm older I'm only suppose to eat 2 eggs a week. Yeah like that's gonna happen. Anyhow I'ld love to include protein but a variety. Don't want to get bored with the same breakfast all the time. I've done tuna w a teaspoon of Miracle whip on half a multi grain thin. More protein suggestions would be appreciated. Please send them.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking that, I enjoyed reading the responses. I had the same question but because I'm older I'm only suppose to eat 2 eggs a week. Yeah like that's gonna happen. Anyhow I'ld love to include protein but a variety. Don't want to get bored with the same breakfast all the time. I've done tuna w a teaspoon of Miracle whip on half a multi grain thin. More protein suggestions would be appreciated. Please send them.

Kashi has been advertising their breakfast cereal with as much protein as an egg
  • jallton
    jallton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thomas whole wheat english muffin with tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of milk. Keeps me full for 3-4 hours. Lots of protein.
  • dsavaria
    Options
    Thanks so very much for all of your ideas!!!! I appreciate them so much!

:)
    Danielle