After dinner snack...

Options
Ever feel unsatisfied after dinner? I just wonder what everyone does to help satisfy this hunger to prevent yourself from running to a quick fast food joint or eating all the junk food lying around. I had to fight the urge to grab food after dinner, and ended up eating one of those 100 Calorie packs (Chips Ahoy) Just wondering what everyone else does.

Replies

• dalygirl_2010
    Options
    sugar free popsicle, or an apple, or a a half a cup of dry cereal
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I push my dinner to a later time, from my standard 5ish to 6:30 - 7ish, and yet I still go looking for something around the 8:30 mark.

I pretty much eat whatever I have calories for at that time. Tonight it was 3 squares of dark chocolate and some green tea. The tea helps fill me up so I don't eat the entire bar lol. When you do splurge and eat something "bad", eat it slowly and really savour it. It will make you appreciate it and stop you from eating the whole bar, bag, etc.

A lot of people cut themselves off from eating after 6 or 7, but I don't see a problem eating so late...and neither do many of the super-ripped bodybuilders on here.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i like to try fruit...oranges are great, but i also love sliced apples with either a little almond butter or nutella, or i'll dip the apple slices in yogurt!! i get those 35 calorie silhouette yogurts so it's still a pretty low-cal snack :)
    sometimes if i have a decent amount of calories left for the dinner and evening, i'll make a fruit smoothie and eat it with my dinner...keeps me full for the night!
  • tinaisrad
    Options
    It depends on if I'm craving something or if I'm actually hungry. If I'm craving something and I know I won't be happy til I have it, then I try to have a little bitty bit of that something. But if I'm actually hungry I have a veggie soup that I've made that is practically inconsequential as far as calories and fat that I can eat a whole huge bowl of and it's only 118 calories. So I keep a couple servings in the freezer and bust one out if I want a more substantial bit of food later in the night. That always fills me up!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I eat something.

Just make sure I have the cals allowed for it. All good.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Oats.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    sugar free Popsicle or a sugar free jello pack....usually because I'm wanting something sweet.
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    Skinny cow mint truffle ice cream bar (or chocolate, or caramel...) only 100 cals and SOOOOOOO yummy and creamy :) Feels like a guilty pleasure treat rather than a low cal dessert
  • Randa11G
    Randa11G Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I save calories so I can have some popcorn or a popsicle after dinner.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    We keep ice cream on hand because 1 serving is normally 150calories or a fudgesicle is 90calories.
    Sometimes I will have a tall glass of water with crystal light before I have my snack so I don't binge.
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    skinny cow or weight watcher ice cream pops do it for me
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A couple tbsp of peanut butter :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary... I tend to be the most hungry at night so I actually end up eating most of my calories then :D
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More protein and less carbs with dinner. It keeps you satisified longer.
    If you need a snack

http://www.canadianparents.com/article/100-family-snacks-under-100-calories