What kind of results are you getting from the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Just started today and loved it...well mostly loved that I got thru it, lol! Just curious as to what others results are...how often you do it, daily, every other day, etc. What do you think of it?

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I personally lost 4 inches in 10 days. I didn't really keep up with the measurements after that, that was enough to keep me going. LOL Most people don't lose a ton of weight on it (maybe b/c it's building muscle???) but the inches usually show what you're doing. :) Keep at it and you will see results.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS every day, minus a two week break because I fell off a porch and hurt my ankles. :P

Results:

Weight: same

Waist :3 inches smaller

Bust : 2 inches smaller

Hips : 2 inches smaller

Bicep : .5 inches larger

Thighs : No change (although definite change from fat to muscle!)

Now I'm nearly two weeks into Ripped.... I'll probably try to do measurements this weekend. :-P

Also down from size 14 to size 11 pants since I started. :-) Stick with it!
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30DS and found it was a great thing to use to kick myself in gear with my new workout plan. I did it 6 days a week (I've made Sundays my mandatory rest day) and tried incorporating an extra burn via riding my horse or putting some km on my stationary bike at least 4 times a week. Athough I didn't get very extreme results like some, I love what it did for me.

Here is my blog post showing my results along with before/after photos.
    http://mypinkthumb.com/2012/01/10/30-day-shred-challenge-level-3-complete-before-after-photos/

I'm now just finishing up Week/Level 3 of Ripped in 30 (one week left!) and the inches continue to melt away (have lost 9.7 inches since starting with the 30DS) and am so looking forward to add another photo to the ones on that post.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am on day 27 and I have lost almost 12 pounds. Level 1 and 3 are better than 2, in my mind. I wish I would have taken measurements.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I finished it yesterday and i did it 4x/week so it took me longer than 30 days. I lost 10.6lbs and 11.5 inches all over. I def have a love/hate relationship with it, but it is a great workout especially since it's only 20 minutes.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am only on day three. Starting weight of 330lbs. I decided to do 2 days and then a rest day, and repeat the pattern. I'm on day three and I feel pretty great. I usually do additional stretches before I put the DVD in because I don't think she has you stretch enough. and I eat something with potassium in it afterwards.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    well I just finished day 26 (Day 6 Level 3)...I've gone straight through and myself have only lost 3 lbs (so far), but I've also lost quite a few inches....I won't be taking my measurements until wed. morn and weigh in Fri morn (my usual day) because I'll need to add them to our chart that our group has...hope this helped a little...ENJOY your time with Jillian it really is a love hate thing :smile:

Feel free to add me as a friensd if you like
  • denece
    denece Posts: 1
    Options
    I love it! I lost about 5 lbs from doing it 5 days per week. I've moved on to Ripped in 30 and Shred it with Weights (the kettlebell workout). It is tough but hang in there. I didn't progress to all of the advanced moves but I definitely saw an increase in strength and endurance.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    day 2 of level 2. I didn't see much change in my body on level one except in my calves and maybe a little in the back of my legs. I did notice that I am stronger and have more energy to workout longer at the gym. My waist didn't go down, which is where I have my issues belly fat. I will keep going and see what happens.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You will be sore tomorrow but don't stop I had great results regarding inches but not weight. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    *sigh*.
    None.
    day 4 level 2. not a pound lost, not an inch lost. stupid jillian
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm on day seven of level one and have seen no change so far..... so frustrated, ugh.
  • sharrrina
    sharrrina Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm going to give it a good try. I've only purchased level 1 for now. Once I master that I'll move up! Yes, I can tell it's going to be a love/hate thing! I just kept telling myself...it's not an hour, it'll be over soon! LOL! Certainly hoping to get strength and endurance out it! Thanks again!
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump...really got to do this...sad part is that Ive had this DVD for about a year or two!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i didn't see great results.... i lost 2 lbs, 1 inch off my waist, 1 off my hips and 1.5 off my belly... that was it, no change in my clothes or sizes...
  • katzblood
    Options
    I'm gonna go out and buy this tonight.. 20mins I can suffer through!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Here are my results! That was on Monday. I am taking measurements next Monday again for 2 week results!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/462044-my-one-week-success-story
  • sharrrina
    sharrrina Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! tistal... that's fantastic! Good for you! Thanks for sharing! I have to say that my body is feeling it hours after! Was debating on maybe not doing it everyday but, I think I'm going to at least try!