Are you awake?

Options
Hi Everyone,

The whole journey we are on is often, not just about losing weight, but finding what brought us there...

Am curious to read about what trigger yourself to change, when did you realized THIS IS IT, what happen in your brain that day that you said, It's enough. I need to change.

I watch the Biggest Loser and it is always nice to see them '"waking up'' and they look so happy after that! What word, what event, what did help you to Wake up and be Happy ?

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My "wake-up" moment was in 2010 when I was trying on snow pants to spend a family day at the ski slope. I needed a new pair because I couldn't fit into my old ones. In the changing room, my daughter said "Mommy, you got huge legs". I was already feeling crappy because I was trying on men size Large snow pants because the female ones I needed were too expensive. I just started crying. It is taking me a long time to get into groove of it all (due to moving) but since September 2011 I have lost 20 pounds. I will get to my goal weight for sure this time. :happy:
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

The whole journey we are on is often, not just about losing weight, but finding what brought us there...

Am curious to read about what trigger yourself to change, when did you realized THIS IS IT, what happen in your brain that day that you said, It's enough. I need to change.

I watch the Biggest Loser and it is always nice to see them '"waking up'' and they look so happy after that! What word, what event, what did help you to Wake up and be Happy ?

I was happy being obese. I didn't care for living a particularly long time, and I loved my food and lots of it. I'd decided to just eat my pizzas, enjoy my chocolate and go until the end.

The thing is, I've always had an incredibly strong maternal instinct. The two things just hadn't linked in my mind, and one day I was sitting and thinking. I was 23, I wanted to be having my first child at around 28, and it suddenly occurred to me that there was no way I could honestly love a son or daughter with all my heart but start their life off inside an unhealthy body. That was it, for me - instant lifestyle change.

I'm not saying I'm 100% healthy, I'm not saying I don't eat junk on occasion, drink diet soda or have the occasional bit of chocolate, but I know that those few, rare occasions aren't compromising my health. I'm doing this for my future child, and knowing that is what keeps me going every day and has done for 15 months so far. I'm down a stone, I still have 40lbs to go, but I've got three years to do it before I plan to get pregnant and I know that when the time comes I'm going to have a healthy body to start my child's life off right, so I can go on to be the great mum I know I can be once they're born, and for as long as I now aim to live.