is it normal to cool down really quickly?

Options
Today i did the treadmill for 2+mi then JM killer buns n thighs [i mix it up with that and 30DS and ripped in 30] so i'm sweating and hot and have the fan going. Go to make lunch and probably less than 5 minutes later i'm getting cold....then freezing! my husband on the other hand will sweat for a half hour after he runs [he's in GREAT shape].

Replies

• lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you still wearing your sweaty clothes? With the fan on and wet clothes, yea, I think you are going to get cold pretty quick. Turn off the fan and you won't get so cold so quickly.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about how normal it is, but I'm exactly the same way.
  • bryansieve
    bryansieve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have the same issue. I do cardio for 60 to 90 min and feel warm for about one hour then feel cool. I suspect it could be from the combination of a low calorie diet and more intensive exercise. I often find myself under my daily goal by 1200 to 2000 calories. I am in good shape just wanted to drop a few pounds so I don't think its a health issue. Its could be the weather (winter here in Minneapolis) I compensate by wearing a lot of sweaters etc.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Are you still wearing your sweaty clothes? With the fan on and wet clothes, yea, I think you are going to get cold pretty quick. Turn off the fan and you won't get so cold so quickly.

Your husband may be wearing sports clothes that wick the sweat away from the body.
  • Sarareneephoto
    Sarareneephoto Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! But I think it has to do with muscle mass and just overall weight. I sweat, a lot! Almost sometimes more than my boyfriend. We work out and then within 5 minutes I'm all cooled down.
    This happens every time we leave the gym. We are driving back home and then I look at my window and I can see out of it. I look over at his side and the whole side of the car has all fogged up windows!
    It's because of his muscle. He's 6'1 and 200lbs.
    I'm 5'3 at 162lbs right now, but he's got MUSCLE! :wink: so I think it's normal

:smile:
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I cool down really quickly. If I'm not going to be able to shower right away, I add layers before I am completely cooled down until I can get a shower and clean, dry clothes.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I cool down in the sense that my heart rate returns to normal after resting for a couple minutes.
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have the same issue. I just throw on a hoodie after my workout. :)
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My face stays red for hours, but I am sitting there shivering in the meantime. I sweat mostly from my head, too, so I wonder if that's just where all my heat stays and my extremities are cold because of it.