New member here~hoping for success & support!

Options
Hi all! This is my first week on MFP. I like it so far! Much like the WW online I belonged to in the past. Anyways, thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself! My name is Stephanie, I am 31 and live in California. I am married and have 2 amazing girls (4 & 7). Anyways, been trying to lose weight, seems like my whole life! This time I am losing it for good! My heaviest has been 250 lbs, just about a year ago. My lowest I've ever been was 140 in 2002 right before I got married. I lost 75 lbs that time in 6 months! I didnt do it the "healthy" way and know that this time around things will go much slower, but it will be healthier! I have never really used online forums for WL support. But, maybe that is what has been missing in my weight loss efforts! I am looking to meet new friends, gain/give support and drop these pounds! Have a healthy Friday everyone!

Replies

• wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck :)
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am always looking for encouragement and to encourage others on this weight loss journey.
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am new here too. I have a goal of losing at least 30 lbs. Good luck with yout goals.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! MFP has wonderful support and will help keep you motivated!!! Just know you can do it!!!
  • cellio70
    Options
    welcome to MFP
  • fumando
    Options
    Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend! My motto is to take life one moment at a time and focus on that one moment! If you can subscribe to that it makes it much easier to stay focused, especially when you hit those walls!
  • SuzanneKee
    SuzanneKee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All the best! I've just begun here too - almost a full week. The tool is really awesome & it's helping me stay on track - you will too! Congrats to your success!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I STRONGLY encourage you to utilize the great tools of community that MFP supplies for us. The forums (for the most part :P) are great and I find the more people I'm in contact with, the better my results, the higher my accountability, and more motivation I have. I sent you an friend request, would love to help motivate each other along the way! That goes for anyone else out there too :) -Jess
  • NickiTip
    NickiTip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! everyone is very friendly and have lots of support and hints and advice!
  • carwen62
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm also new to MFP and message boards in general. I've been logging for about a week and really like it. I, too feel like I have been trying to lose weight all my life. I usually set too lofty goals and too much structure and can't hang with it. I struggle to lose a few pounds and then gain it right back. This time I'm really going to work on the portions and eating less in general. This website seems helpful so far. Good luck to all of us in this together!
  • veronicah3868
    veronicah3868 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Veronica, i have been using MFP for one week and loving it. I recently started Jillian Michael 30 day shred. Good luck and let's encourage each other.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Add me? I am new here also! I love it so far!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi there! I'm really new as well. Feel free to add me as a friend as well!