PB2, Regular and Chocolate

Options
What do those of you who have used it think? Is it any good? Taste like peanut butter or not really? I was thinking of getting it for shakes and such. I'm having major PB cravings but don't really want to buy a jar of the regular stuff b/c I know I would have little self-control. Thanks!

Replies

• DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in vanilla yogert for a fruit sip. I also mix it with a little water and drizzle over apples. I also put it in my protein sakes. When I really need an ice cream fix I will add it to frozen vanilla yogert. I like peanut butter but have no self control. I have tried almond butter but I didn't like it. Others will disagree and like it. I'd try it and see what you think.
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Mix it with water and it tastes JUST like regular PB. I put in my shakes because it mixes SOO well! I have a smile on my face just thinking about it! Have a case at home, at all times. You will find you go thru it much faster than regular peanut butter because it IS powder. Good luck! I have a link to it thru my blog -- www.thefitcounselor.com
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    yummm... I use both and I love them!

I still eat Peanut Butter, but I use this when I'm tight on calories and still want the taste. I mix with water and I swear, there is little difference in taste between it and the real thing...
  • Bal4Life
    Options
    LOVE it!!!!
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love it! It tastes very good and it's so low in calories!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Its tastes like natural PB but is 3x the price :( Since I find it hard getting enough fat, I have to intentionally buy the regular stuff so that I can have 1 tbsp daily in my smoothie.
  • sassparilla77
    Options
    Absolutely love it!!! Drizzled on apples, scoop it w my celery, put it in my protein shakes.. My kids are in love with it as well. We no longer keep "regular" peanut butter in our household..
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It tastes ok enough to satisfy a peanut butter craving when eaten with something else, but I would prefer to save up some cals and eat the real thing instead. However - I love it to add peanut butter taste to things, and am going to start throwing it in my protein shakes.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I add splenda to it b/c I need it sweeter and sometimes I add cinnamon to it. Love it!! It really does help with the PB craving!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I have some on order and can't wait to add it to my green smoothies in the morning. I've been getting hungry after my smoothie and thought this would be a good way to cut back calories in that so I can eat a more solid snack a little later.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it, hands down the best "fake" peanut butter product I've ever used!!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    So it sounds like the regular is a winner, how about the chocolate? It's sold either 4 jars of regular or you can get 2 reg and 2 chocolate. Trying to decide which way to go. Thanks for all the feedback on this! :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    I have both on hand but always use the regular. Not a big fan of the Choc one. Locally we have to have it ordered in so we can buy it separate ($4.50 per jar) I personally would go with the 4 regular.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So it sounds like the regular is a winner, how about the chocolate? It's sold either 4 jars of regular or you can get 2 reg and 2 chocolate. Trying to decide which way to go. Thanks for all the feedback on this! :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate one! I eat it with a mashed up 1/2 banana as my dessert. Amazingly good for such low calories! I can eat it by itself too haha
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate one! I eat it with a mashed up 1/2 banana as my dessert. Amazingly good for such low calories! I can eat it by itself too haha

I tried this tonight and it was really good! Used it as a snack.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just buy PB2 and add some cocoa powder to it when you mix it.
    Better than buying it pre-made.

But PB2 is AMAZING. I can't talk enough about this product. And I'm a peanut butter queen.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I enjoy PB2 but I haven't tried the chocolate one yet. I add PB2 to greek yogurt for flavor and extra protein boost. I normally put regular pb in my protein shakes but if I can't spare the calories I'll use the powdered stuff. I think it tastes great.