"starvation message"

Options
I joined this past month and I often get a "starvation" message that says I need to eat more because I am not making my 1,200 calories per day. I excercise in the evening and often am not hungry afterwards. Does anyone have a suggestion for a protein drink or something else that I can eat after 7 pm (I eat my biggest meal at lunch) that will help me reach my recommended caloric intake. I love this sight and I am loosing.

Replies

• July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Any kind of drink with calories will help you meet your quota. (Though you may also be underestimating the calories you eat/overestimating the calories you burn).

Look at the nutrients you may be missing, and try to meet them in your extra calories. Fruit juice is one way. Milk or soymilk is the cheapest protein drink - a lot of protein drinks just have sugar mixed into the milk.
  • Joey1380
    Joey1380 Posts: 2
    Options
    Chocolate milk is a great post-workout drink. It has protein and carbs, plus it's almost like dessert. If you want to make it into a smoothie, throw the chocolate milk, some ice, and a tablespoon of peanut butter into the blender. It's really good.
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Your body will tell you when you are not getting enough food...I love it when I can go to bed with left over calories and feel like I've had plenty to eat! Why worry about meeting your calorie intake goal if you are not hungry? Let your body decide, and enjoy your weight loss! Best to all! :drinker:
  • bizymama
    bizymama Posts: 30
    Options
    I get that message almost everyday I check out. I am eating meals & snacks. I am also walking everyday, so I gain more calories to spend. I couldn't possibly intake ALL those calories. I have lost 17 lbs. since I joined in March.....so I think I am on the right track...as long as I am not hungry and ignoring it! Welcome to the site!
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    I would say, peanut butter on crackers if you want protein. Or you can buy some of that protein mix they sell and make a smoothie with a banana, chocolate soy milk, and strawberries, thats always really good for after a workout. Or try peanut butter sandwich with bananas on it, that is great for getting protein and some extra carbs you need. Or I just go with the good oldfashioned banana.

-Danielle
  • rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not hungry after you work out? Wow..I could eat the house..lmao

:flowerforyou:
  • babybbomb
    babybbomb Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks guys for your advice!