3 stone lighter, yet 'starving' after meals?!

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
right, ive lost just over 3 stone since January 2011. I am only halfway to my weight goal and the last couple of months ive noticed that im really hungry after meals?!

I would have a full blown meal, and 30 mins later, il be like 'ohh im hungry again!' - why is this?! :huh: my stomach is alot smalller than what it was 12 months ago, soo i dont get why im hungry after meals?! it feels like ive not eaten for hours!! considering my stomach is smaller - i shouldnt be feeling hungry after meals right..? And when i started my weightloss journey - i was feeling very full after meals! and i was only on 1200 cals a day!! Now im on 1400.. I just dont get it? =(

not sure whether to go doctors and see what they rekon it could be or if theres any tablets i can take to help control hunger! =/

any suggestions?

thanks in advanced x

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. I have a huge appetite and that advice has been my saving grace.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Is it really hunger or thirst? Try drinking a couple of glasses of water with your food/when the hunger hits right after eating and see if that helps any.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Is it really hunger or thirst? Try drinking a couple of glasses of water with your food/when the hunger hits right after eating and see if that helps any.

its probably just thirst, but my brain always seems to think its food :sad:

i will try that, thankyou :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Eat more protein. I have a huge appetite and that advice has been my saving grace.

what kinds of food have protien in it? i know eggs have protien, but i cant live on eggs :laugh:
  • MaddiesMom3
    Options
    Definitely try more water! It seems to help me a lot.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options

what kinds of food have protien in it? i know eggs have protien, but i cant live on eggs :laugh:

Peanut butter :)
  • emmfullness
    Options
    Meat, beans, yoghurt, nuts, cheese (opt low-fat)
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Check google for protein foods....chicken, red meats......:-}
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    you should open your diary to the public view for people to give you more constructive and accurate advise...

More protein and perhaps you can try smaller meals more often - keeps a constant amount of fuel pumping thru your body. Some are completely fine with 3 solid meals a day as per others is best to refuel constantly.
  • emmfullness
    Options
    I also note that distraction helps a lot. Watch a TV serries, read an awesome book, talk to a friend on the phone, play a game, etc. If after a half hour of distraction and drinking a glass of water you're still hungry, then snag a snack </= 100 Kcal. Then go back to distraction to see if you're good. :-)
  • shlottelac
    shlottelac Posts: 41 Member
    Options

meat, fish, cheese, milk, eggs, but also beans or lentils... are proteins! :bigsmile:
  • Bigtaz69
    Bigtaz69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best thing I do is drink tons of water before, during, and after meals. This includes snacks. After you work out (if you do) no matter how hard your work out is have a protein shake. I hope this helps. :>)
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Fish! esp tuna - v low in fat.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Meat (all kinds), Nuts, Black Beans (beans also have lots of fiber which will help keep you full longer), Quinoa... there are lots of foods that are good protein sources.

You're food diary's private so I can't look but if you eat a lot of simple carbs (like breads, crackers, potatoes white rice etc..) those are processed quickly and cause an insulin spike which, when it fades will cause you to feel hungry again... This can also happen in the AM if you're eating something like yogurt, fruit and granola.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    thankyou all, i will get some of thses foods down me and see if it helps! :smile:

erm just thought id tell you all that im not going to open my diary to the public, because i have done before when i needed help, and i got slated off real bad. Soo i havent got the confidence to open it back up again.. I only have to open to my friends on here as they can help and support me.. Its nothing against any of you, :) x