Luna and Balance Bars

Options
Ok gang, I have gotten a few of these at a STEAL at my locak grocer last night (The Luna's were free and the Balance bars were $0.17 each after the coupons!). I am curious if any of you use these bars and if so, when do you eat them??? I figured they'd be a good way to get nutrition if Im busy or whatever and cant have breakfast. But I've always been curious as to if they are used at meal replacements or when you'd want to use them instead of eating a meal.

If you have any suggestions just let me know :wink:

Replies

• mkevans
    mkevans Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars they have alot of protein (Coconut Chocalate) my favorite... I eat every 2 hours so when I eat my Luna its usually around 8:00 so I can burn those carbs early in the day!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Careful about the sugar, most bars are candy bars in disguise.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout snack, or to undercut those chocolate cravings.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I only use Luna as a pre-race meal if I HAVE to (meaning, it's a late start and I have to get something in my stomach). I prefer whole foods on a daily basis, even on the fly. My mother use to eat Lunas to supplement her diet, as she wasn't getting enough nutrition due to being much older (i'm talking 70's) and not able to eat much.

Keep them around, but I wouldn't use them instead of a regular meal.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I like Kind or Larabars as a snack, occasionally as a quick breakfast/lunch with a piece of fruit and some protein - yogurt, hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese. They're nice to throw in my bag if I'll be out running errands.