Okay Birthday present?

Options
Well my boyfriend's birthday is on the 5th and he knows that I am flat broke! Less than $10 until I get paid then most of that goes to bills, and hopefully to a plane ticket to see him over spring break. Not even sure if I will be able to spend much on food again this month :/

With that said do you think this would be a cute idea still? http://www.smithfield.com/recipes/recipe/paulas-cake-balls

Should last if I mail them yes?

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! Well if it were me getting them, I know I'd love them! :bigsmile:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt mail food..
  • resq3
    resq3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great idea and remember its the thought that counts.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Just send him a pic of those abs ;)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I might have to try one xD I have a coupon for the cake mix and frosting so it should cost me next to nothing. He told me not to do anything for him and save so I can see him, but I can't just not do anything! I already feel bad enough as it is >.<
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this.. infact I wouldnt mind getting that for my birthday *hint* hint* lol
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I might have to try one xD I have a coupon for the cake mix and frosting so it should cost me next to nothing. He told me not to do anything for him and save so I can see him, but I can't just not do anything! I already feel bad enough as it is >.<

I sent cookies I baked to someone once. They held up well. ButI also sent them so he would get them in 2 days. Look into shipping costs for overnight mail and 2 day, that's where it may get expensive.

I think it's a sweet idea. I could never not do anything for someone's birthday, especially someone I loved.
    Options

I totally agree with this.. infact I wouldnt mind getting that for my birthday *hint* hint* lol

Oh you guys are so sweet! :blushing:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great idea plus the picture! Or you can include a picture of the two of you together. It really is the thought that counts
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    That actually sounds like a really nice gift! just remember to package them well, otherwise they might (will) get busted in transit.

Great gift! And as I guy, yes, it's the thought that counts. :flowerforyou:
    Options
    I think I will add in a picture too :] since he does keep a couple of them of me on his desk and only 1 is of us together! And that is in his wallet >.<

Thanks guys! Been feeling so bad about not being able to do much, but at least I am trying ^-^
    Darn college >.>
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Mailing food seems dodgy but I don't know the ins-and-outs of it in America. I think he'd be happy if you promised him some hanky panky on spring break and spoke to him on Skype on his birthday or something.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I made cake pops for this year's family Christmas party, and they were a big hit. The chocolate coating keeps them fresh for a while. Mom left one sitting on the counter, and my daughter ate it a week later. It was still moist inside. Wrap each one up in plastic wrap to keep them fresh.

There's always the good old mixed CD full of fave/meaningful songs. Or, make it a sexy CD, and include a note saying that it's going to be your "soundtrack" on your first night there. ;) I know everyone uses their iPod these days, but there's wrong with going old school.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    You have to be really creative for this one, but I've done it for co-workers and it was awesome:

Take some pictures of stuff that looks like the letters in his name. Make it personal to your life and/or his life. Then print the pics in black and white (the pics should be like .19 each). You don't have to buy a frame...he can just put it on his fridge with magnets or pin it at his desk at work, or whatever. Try to take your pics with a lot of contrast and a very plain background.

For example, if his name is MIKE:

M - take a pic of the letter M off your license plate

I - a pic of your fav wine bottle could pass for an "I"...this is an easy letter and the possibilities are endless (letter O is also an easy one)

K - do you have a fav book that has a letter K in the title? Do you have a favorite sports team that begins with K? (Kentucky, K State, etc) Does the street sign on your road have a K in it?

E - if you like to play scrabble, take a pic of the E scrabble tile

whatever you decide...good luck :)
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You have to be really creative for this one, but I've done it for co-workers and it was awesome:

Take some pictures of stuff that looks like the letters in his name. Make it personal to your life and/or his life. Then print the pics in black and white (the pics should be like .19 each). You don't have to buy a frame...he can just put it on his fridge with magnets or pin it at his desk at work, or whatever. Try to take your pics with a lot of contrast and a very plain background.

For example, if his name is MIKE:

M - take a pic of the letter M off your license plate

I - a pic of your fav wine bottle could pass for an "I"...this is an easy letter and the possibilities are endless (letter O is also an easy one)

K - do you have a fav book that has a letter K in the title? Do you have a favorite sports team that begins with K? (Kentucky, K State, etc) Does the street sign on your road have a K in it?

E - if you like to play scrabble, take a pic of the E scrabble tile

whatever you decide...good luck :)

LOVE this idea! My friend gave this to me (with my last name) for Christmas one year. AWESOME, thoughtful gift, and not costly at all!