Re comitting myself!

Options
So the first time I tried I lost 20 pounds was doing great but then quit after 1 cheat meal turned into a cheat week etc. But this time I'm back for good! I just got married and have more motivation then ever! ( wife says if I don't stop snoring I gotta sleep on the couch lol). But I've been reading a lot of success stories and I really am excited to start. I think a big part of succeeding is support so I'd love to have anyone n everyone add me so we can help each other! Thanks!

Replies

• rsolomonuk
    Options
    Can see a lot of similarities between your story and my own. Happy to give support and advice to you dude. Expect a friend request.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You got this man. One of the things my wife told me when I dropped the first 60 pounds was "You don't sound like you are going to die in your sleep anymore". :-D
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You got this man. One of the things my wife told me when I dropped the first 60 pounds was "You don't sound like you are going to die in your sleep anymore". :-D

Lol, sounds like MY hubby.

*snore*snore*snort*STOPS BREATHING*snortsnortsnort*snoooooore*

I love him regardless :smile:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You can do it :-)
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The first step is the biggest step and you've taken that by re-committing and joining MFP. Best of luck on your journey!! You can do it :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat! I am re committing myself as well! Lost weight before so I know I can do it again, and so can you!!!
  • nukebomb
    nukebomb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the support already! It's exciting and makes me want to go straight to the gym lol. Hey d2football. Read the message I sent with my friend request if you get a second. Thanks!
  • sectornine
    sectornine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You are definitely in the right place.

On a side note. Several have mentioned snoring and even stopping breathing in their sleep. Sleep apnea is a serious condition. Snoring is often a precursor to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea has been linked to many serious health issues. They range from weight gain all the way to congestive heart failure/heart disease and in severe cases death. Not trying to alarm anyone, but you may want to do a sleep study and have it checked out. The only reason I bring it up is because I had no idea what it was until I was diagnosed with it. After being on a CPAP for the last 8 months, I realize how tired/awful I felt because of the apnea.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You are definitely in the right place.

On a side note. Several have mentioned snoring and even stopping breathing in their sleep. Sleep apnea is a serious condition. Snoring is often a precursor to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea has been linked to many serious health issues. They range from weight gain all the way to congestive heart failure/heart disease and in severe cases death. Not trying to alarm anyone, but you may want to do a sleep study and have it checked out. The only reason I bring it up is because I had no idea what it was until I was diagnosed with it. After being on a CPAP for the last 8 months, I realize how tired/awful I felt because of the apnea.

Thank you.
    I've tried mentioning this to my husband. Unfortunately, he's one of those "I'm indestructible" types :grumble: