suggestions for exercise while dealing with baby and toddler

Options
Hi I'm looking for suggestions for exercise to do while dealing with a 2 year old and 20 week old. I am trying to get out a walk every other day but that does not always count as exercise if 2 year old wants to walk!! I'm sure snails would over take us at times. I don't have a lot of free time to go to classes at the moment as my 20 week old is being breastfed and is hungry in evening when I could have a class.

I do hope to get back to my Zumba class in the next month or so.

Thanks

Replies

• rwhite93
    rwhite93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can you get your children to take a nap at the same time? You could pop in a DVD for 20 minutes or so.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't going to be a fun answer, especially with a 20 week old since you are probably arent sleeping much anyway, but getting up earlier than my son (18 months) has been the only way I can get a workout at home. He gets up around 8, so if I'm up at 6 I can exercise, shower and sometimes have the dishes done (a big plus!) before he's awake! You could also join a gym or a fitness center that provides childcare. That might be something you'd be more comfortable with when your little one is a little older, but the one that I belong to is a fairly small fitness center and I can walk by and peek in on my son at any time. Sometimes when you can snag a few minutes to yourself, 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels only takes 25 minutes I think and it's a lot of bang for your time spent. Good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Bundle them up and take a walk.
  • kazr11
    kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you answers. I do try and get out walks with then but my toddler is at the age that she wants to walk. At her pace I'm not gonna burn much at all. 30 day shred sounds good, will look into that.