Unique Ideas for YUMMY Soups & Stews? Please.

Options
HauteP1nk
HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
I am always looking for some great ideas for soup or stew recipes. They are so easy... I can make them for the week and bring them to work for lunch. Or on my run nights I can have a quick bowl afterwards.

I am finding lots on the internet (thank you google!) however, I was just interested to learn some of your favorite soups. I personally don't like creamy soups but I am willing to try anything if it is low calorie and yummy. Share the recipes please.

Also, I like to use my crockpot...does anyone else use your crockpot for soups? Or even stews?

Replies

• SRS1226
    SRS1226 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi!

I just made this recently and I really liked it--It's fairly simple and you make it in the crock pot! Let me know if you try it.

Ingredients

2 lbs 99% Lean Ground Turkey
    1 large Sweet Onion
    2 15 oz. cans Great Northern Beans
    2 15 oz. cans Kidney Beans
    2 10 oz. cans Tomato Soup
    1 10 oz. can Diced Tomatos & Green Chilis
    1 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
    2 tsp. Taco Seasoning
    2 tsp. Ground Cumin
    2 tsp. Chili Powder
    Salt to taste

Directions
    1. Brown ground turkey in large skillet and drain.
    2. Combine turkey with all other ingredients in large crock pot.
    3. Cook 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
    4. Serve hot. Add cheese and/or sour cream if desired. These are not figured into calories.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup from skinnytaste.com is one of my favorite soup recipes. Not sure if you are familiar with the site, but she has a ton of great recipes and posts nutritional info for each one.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for some great ideas for soup or stew recipes. They are so easy... I can make them for the week and bring them to work for lunch. Or on my run nights I can have a quick bowl afterwards.

I am finding lots on the internet (thank you google!) however, I was just interested to learn some of your favorite soups. I personally don't like creamy soups but I am willing to try anything if it is low calorie and yummy. Share the recipes please.

Also, I like to use my crockpot...does anyone else use your crockpot for soups? Or even stews?

A good way to make soups is to make your own vegetable stock. Then it will keep in the fridge for 7 days or in the freezer for mos. Then just throw in your favorite vegetables. I recently made an asian one with vegetables and soy sauce. Then I made a soup by adding mushrooms and rainbow chard! Yummy! You can event take the broth and put it in a ceramic bowl, add just the vegetables you want and put it in the microwave for about 5 to 10 minutes and your soup will be done. Here's how to make vegetable broth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijbmKfp6jg4
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't know how unique this is, but I'll share it anyway. Anytime I make lentils, I add a copious amount of tarragon. It really does something to those lentils. I also add onion, carrots, celery, red wine, veggie stock, black pepper and little sea salt.