Chocolate

Options
Is a bit of chocolate now and again ok?? Been hard at it 2 weeks, gym or class 10 days out of 14, little to no treats and all I want tonight is some chocolate. 36g aero bubbles puts me at 1265. 1200 is my max but I also did 45 mins Zumba.

Should I or is it going to have bad effect? Feeling guilty and I haven't even eaten it yet. Really want it though. Honest opinions guys

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yes, have it. Don't make it a regular thing, but if you don't let yourself have the foods you want you might end up snapping and binging one day. Just savour them, enjoy them, maybe even put a bit of the packet away if you've eaten them slowly, are halfway through and realise you don't need any more.

Then, tell yourself that once they're gone you can't have more chocolate for say...another three weeks or a month. Set yourself a date for your next chocolate and work towards it (my approach), or just tell yourself you can't have any for a while and see when you next end up wanting it.
  • pmkershaw
    pmkershaw Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I adore chocolate. I've got some fun size bags of magic stars. Just enough to satisfy my cravings and only 67 calories!
  • lindy1608
    Options
    Ooohhh will have to remember magic stars. Aero bubbles have been in fridge since Xmas and havent touched them. Will weigh out and only eat grams I am allowed. Think I will go for it. At least I can test my self control cause that is my big problem!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate nearly every day :/ If you count it in you can have anything. I'd have gone mad if I couldn't have chocolate, I'm seriously addicted :/
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh will have to remember magic stars. Aero bubbles have been in fridge since Xmas and havent touched them. Will weigh out and only eat grams I am allowed. Think I will go for it. At least I can test my self control cause that is my big problem!

Sounds good. I got a chocolate craving tonight. First time in a while. I have normal cravings that go away if I ignore them, and I have super-cravings that won't go away until I've satisfied them. I can tell which it is straight away - a super-craving.

Unfortunately for me, I'm actually dealing with two at once now, and I've been waiting a month for a pizza which I'm finally having on Tuesday. That means no chocolate for a while - might aim for Feb 10th. :tongue:
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate most days it is my main vice but i am still losing weight nearly 40 lbs now, i dont have proper chocolate everyday though somedays i have nutella in my porridge or i might have a jaffa cake and those ar enot too bad calorie wise. Its not good to ban foods because you just crave them more
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah, go for it.

I usually keep a bar of quality dark chocolate in my closet for a treat every once in a while.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece or two of chocolate almost every day... Try switching to dark chocolate if you usually have milk chocolate if that might make you feel better. I love chocolate and never feel guilty having a little bit.. I deserve it :)
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes,it wont hurt you! I have something sweet daily,i have a big sweet tooth! I say as long as it fits within your calorie goal! Enjoy!
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just stay within your calorie goal. Walden farms makes a fat free, calorie free chocolate dip that's not too bad. On Saturdays I put it on my protein pancakes with strawberries and its tasty. They also make a chocolate syrup but I havent had it yet.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Chocolate keeps me on my diet without turning me into a homicidal maniac. The voices inside my head find just one or two dove milk promises are a good way to kill my chocolate craving. For some reason I find it much more satisfying that other fun size candy bars. I usually have one at bedtime. They're about 40 cals each and it's good stuff.
  • drczr
    drczr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is what I do. I get a Hershey's kiss and let it just melt in my mouth without chewing it. It's 2 minutes of pure chocolate heaven!

One trick to sustaining your weight loss is to not deprive yourself and eat the stuff that you like once in a while (in smaller portions of course).

I love steak and once in a while, I would order a petite sirloin in a restaurant.