You ever wonder

Options
tmogs
tmogs Posts: 287 Member
There seems to be so much negativity in the boards (people who aren't really helping but seeming to be in competition of who can be the snarkiest) that i decided to go against the grain :noway:

Lets post something positive. What has helped you in you "journey" in whatever your trying to do to better yourself (lose, gain or maintain).
Mine are

Trying to lose and tone

MFP (HA) :happy:
www.bodyrock.tv
muscle and fitness hers magazine

Replies

• ashleyp35
    Options
    Trying to lose

MFP
    YMCA (Various classes: Spin, Cardio Mix, Bootamp, etc..)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Love this topic friend....

I can say that my surrounding support of my pals helped me the most in this journey!! I have tried this so so many times and gotten some weight off but never knew the importance of knowing how to properly get it off and keep it... I have learned about foods, different exercises, and alot of personal growth...I am inspired day to day by my pals/friends.. and love encouraging many not only on MFP but around me! I have gained some forever friends here... I am definitely searching for the ways to maintain my weight goal and putting in an action plan that doable so that I wont have to worry about the roller coaster of health!! You have been a great inspiration to me from the beginning and a lovely woman..>Thanks for adding on a positive note for the day!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread.

The New Rules of Lifting for Women is taking my fitness to a new level. I'm a part of three forums for the program. The girls group I joined on facebook is phenomenal. It's awesome to have a group that has the same drive that I do. :smile:
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love this

What has worked for me:

Trying and failing
    Trying again and having a victory
    MFP
    Running
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me:

1. Getting into the habit (yay!) of working out every morning before work
    2. My treadmill desk
    3. THESE BOARDS!!
    4. All the support from my friends and family
    5. Planning, planning, planning.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Losing a little more weight while lowering body fat % and gaining a bit more muscle is my main focus. Although there is a magic number I'd like to see on the scale one day! lol

Things that have helped me:
    Support from MFP
    Support from the Tumblr Community
    Friends and family that encourage me
    P90X "Bring it!"
    Running
    Zumba - Even though I don't go very often, the girls in the class are ALWAYS so happy to see me. They are my best cheerleaders!
    And many fitness and health related blogs that I peruse from time to time...
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was going to be turning old: 50. And I felt so much older! I was telling myself in my head how to get used to the fact that I was headed to being old, and learn to live with it.

Once I realized I was not only looking younger I was feeling younger, it really clicked. I'm probably in better shape than when I was 30. And I feel it!

I want to exercise
    I feel better when I eat better
    I have people on here that I've gotten to know, and we care how each other is doing on this. And in life.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To lose, help when I can and have fun doing it.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I'm trying to reclaim health and strength. I AM losing weight in the process, and for that I'm glad. What is helping me the most right now is the support of my husband who has quit buying me things that will damage my health and really *listens* now when I explain things i need to eat and things I can't eat anymore. He also helps me walk around the block every day and goes at whatever pace I'm setting. Then when I lose that oomph to keep going, he lets me take his arm and he walks me slowly back to the house.

The first day I stumbled not even a quarter of the way, in exhaustion. Today I made it 3/4 of the way around before i got tired. Tomorrow I bet I'll make it all the way, or the next day.

I know this means very little to most of you, because you are young and strong. I'm old and had some health issues. But I grabbed it myself now. It is my responsibility, my commitment, and I'm doing it, with my sweet husband's help.

I've lost 32 pounds just pursuing health. So, I feel like I've lost weight without trying! It's so much easier on my mental approach when the weight comes off as a side effect to living so healthy.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to reclaim health and strength. I AM losing weight in the process, and for that I'm glad. What is helping me the most right now is the support of my husband who has quit buying me things that will damage my health and really *listens* now when I explain things i need to eat and things I can't eat anymore. He also helps me walk around the block every day and goes at whatever pace I'm setting. Then when I lose that oomph to keep going, he lets me take his arm and he walks me slowly back to the house.

The first day I stumbled not even a quarter of the way, in exhaustion. Today I made it 3/4 of the way around before i got tired. Tomorrow I bet I'll make it all the way, or the next day.

I know this means very little to most of you, because you are young and strong. I'm old and had some health issues. But I grabbed it myself now. It is my responsibility, my commitment, and I'm doing it, with my sweet husband's help.

I've lost 32 pounds just pursuing health. So, I feel like I've lost weight without trying! It's so much easier on my mental approach when the weight comes off as a side effect to living so healthy.
    Thats really a great story! Great about you, and says a lot about him!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Epic Bro Fist worthy post right here.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am trying to maintain now and build major muscles!!

Its Pals like you who actual motivate and encourage others and who actually use this site for fitness and health as it was designed!
    I too have been doing New rules of lifting for women! Outstanding book and program. Can't forget my girl Jillian Michaels kicking my butt in the Shred and Ripped!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I still have weight to lose I have struggled the last 2 yrs and my weight has been a very long roller coaster ride!!

What has helped me through it all:

My determination to never quit!!
    MFP
    Myfitness group on FB
    Black Women Do Workout Group on FB
    All the fitness groups I visit and articles I read!!
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Some great stories here-- you guys all rock!