Greetings from Sunny Florida

Options
Hello Everyone,
I am new here but I am no stranger to changing my life. I am 45 years old and had the health of a 70 yr old person. I weighed 185 lbs 7 months ago. I was on high blood pressure medicine as well as two medications for diabetes. I actually joined another website and I have been very successful. I still don't eat quite like I should but I have managed to take off 32 pounds with calorie counting and excercise. I am medication free now... I eat to live, not live to eat. I am looking forward to life without pills... that was my main goal. I went from a size 18 to a size 9-10... lost a lot of inches... just still have a small roll above the pants and the annoying back fat... I am a grandmother of 5 and want to be around to see them grow up !!

Sincerely,
TammyM1964

Replies

• Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey! welcome aboard! i'm a florida orange myself! :laugh: fort lauderdale in the house!! that's great that you've lost so much weight! congrats and wishing you much continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    Options
    Greetings from New Mexico - they say this is where, "the sun always shines" so we have something in common.

:flowerforyou:

Great that you've done so well, I hope I can do the same. I have researched my plan and plan to stick to it no matter what. I only have one granddaughter and another on the way, I also want to be around to play with them and see them graduate from College. :glasses:
  • tammym1964
    tammym1964 Posts: 11
    Options
    We are almost neighbors... I am from Boca Raton and work in Pompano Beach... You can lose the weight... just have to alter your way of looking at food...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dgoodwin
    dgoodwin Posts: 7
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you've already lost so much! I really admire you for making yourself healthier! I hope I can be as committed as you and really lose this extra weight!