"You're losing weight too fast!"

Options

Replies

• dreamzvt
    Options
    Until my doctor finds something happening with me that isnt going very well with the weight loss, she isnt going to say anything at all. There were weeks I had 3lb losses every week, then a whopping 5lb loss, then back to 2lb/3lb per week. My kidneys are fine, my liver is fine, cardiac function is fine.. nothing wrong with me at all and my blood work came back GORGEOUS!

I tell people "until you have MD after your name, you have no say in the matter"

This I love and believe to be a great reply!
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you just keep on what you are doing hun! thats great that you decided to better yourself! the truth is, when friends and family members see that you are losing weight, there is a lot of jealousy goin on. like whats going on between me and my younger sister. my sister has always been thinner than me our entire lives. now that i have decided to do something about myself and lose the weight, my sister has become really salty toward me because now im a size smaller than she is and im continuing to lose the weight and im the one who had 2 kids! people will hate no matter what but as long as you keep true to yourself and you know in your heart that you are doing right for you, then thats all need and soon, your real friends will shine through! keep it up hun its a long hard journey ahead and you got on the right track!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Until my doctor finds something happening with me that isnt going very well with the weight loss, she isnt going to say anything at all. There were weeks I had 3lb losses every week, then a whopping 5lb loss, then back to 2lb/3lb per week. My kidneys are fine, my liver is fine, cardiac function is fine.. nothing wrong with me at all and my blood work came back GORGEOUS!

I tell people "until you have MD after your name, you have no say in the matter"

This I love and believe to be a great reply!

Im definitely not soft-spoken about this subject, lets put it that way!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA
  • charlybeaut
    charlybeaut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    they are probably just jel,, and threatend by the fact that you are so pretty and now your loosing weight,
    you are doing the right thing , stick with it ...and just keep the image of what you want to look like in your head.

good luck! x
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that's a great way to start and I'm glad you know that it wil slow down and that you will have to compensate everything for that slow down so your success will continue.
    Good Luck
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    stick to your plan :)

i agree!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I've heard this from numerous people in the past week.
    Yes I have lost 24.8 pounds in 15 days....
    *sigh*
    First of all, I started out at 398! I was, and still am morbidly obese. I had made excuses for years about being sedintary. I let my own skin dictate my health. (that's another story for another time)
    Anywho, Now that I'm up and moving and working out, my body is adjusting and yes, right now I'm losing weight quickly.
    I'm NOT doing this in an unhealthy manner.
    I eat healthy, usually within a 200-300 calories of what MFP suggests.
    I drink my water.
    I workout.
    That's it.
    No secret forula. No lies.
    I know this will slow down when my body gets used to it. I'm ok with that.
    But for the time being instead of accusing me of being unhealthy (when In reality I'm the healthiest I've EVER been), why can't my friends just be happy for me?

Taking in consideration your starting weight, I'd say you're really fine. You can safely lose 10% of your body weight per week. For you it's 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Then, as you just started, it's normal to have a lot of water weight to lose. In your case, 17 pounds of water out of 398 lbs is definitely not far fetched. And as you said, you are fully aware that this weight loss rate is going to slow down.
    So, you are doing very good. I applaud you for changing your life. You can do it!!! You're gonna live longer and be healthier! Congrats! You're inspiring!
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Another thing though. I don't think your friends are saying that because they are jealous. If they are truly your friends, they care about you. They just want you to lose weight in a healthy way. They probably just don't know anything about ''water weight'' and to them it seems like a a lot. They will come around, don't worry. Congrats again!
  • MsMarketeer
    MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Another thing though. I don't think your friends are saying that because they are jealous. If they are truly your friends, they care about you. They just want you to lose weight in a healthy way. They probably just don't know anything about ''water weight'' and to them it seems like a a lot. They will come around, don't worry. Congrats again!

This is very true! Unfortunately, there are so many false ideas on what is considered "safe" weight loss. Many seemingly intelligent people do the strangest and most UNSAFE things to lose weight...only to regain...and then some.

It is wonderful to see you doing this properly and under a Dr's care. BRAVO!!!!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    First of all, I started out at 398! I was, and still am morbidly obese. I had made excuses for years about being sedintary. I let my own skin dictate my health. (that's another story for another time)
    Anywho, Now that I'm up and moving and working out, my body is adjusting and yes, right now I'm losing weight quickly.
    I drink my water.
    I workout.
    That's it.
    But for the time being instead of accusing me of being unhealthy (when In reality I'm the healthiest I've EVER been), why can't my friends just be happy for me?

It's perfectly normal and fine to lose 1% bw per week, and when you're really obese to lose tons of weight the first few weeks. Keep your protein intake up!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just jealous biotches! I think you are doing great and keep on keeping on! :)
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    *sigh*
    I drink my water.
    I workout.
    That's it.

Taking in consideration your starting weight, I'd say you're really fine. You can safely lose 10% of your body weight per week. For you it's 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Then, as you just started, it's normal to have a lot of water weight to lose. In your case, 17 pounds of water out of 398 lbs is definitely not far fetched. And as you said, you are fully aware that this weight loss rate is going to slow down.
    So, you are doing very good. I applaud you for changing your life. You can do it!!! You're gonna live longer and be healthier! Congrats! You're inspiring!

I made a mistake in my post and can't edit it anymore. I meant to say ''you can safely lose 1% of your body weight per week'' (not 10%!).
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    When I started out, first week I lost 12 lb. Second week 8lb. Then it was 3-4lb for a while. Now it comes off slower. But yeah, when you're big, it comes off much faster than the recommended 2lb a week. Realistically the first bit is mostly water.

As long as you're confident you're not undereating, and that your diet is healthy, I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    As long as you have your calorie goal set at 1 or 2 pounds a week loss and no more you should be fine for awhile. I would set it at 1 to 1.5 pounds a week later if it is set at 2 now. Also make sure you are eating back most of your exercsie calories. Congratulations on your loss and when it slows down to 1 pound a week be happy then too. Take care and stay the course. If it gets harder don't give up. If you need a break at least maintain your weight and then get back to it. A slower loss does have its advantages. It is easier to keep off and it is also easier for your skin to keep up with your loss. I am losing slowly and my skin isn't loose yet. I would like to lose faster but not more than a pound a week. If you are moving, keeping active and exercising that will help. Best wishes.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I started at 458 and can't even get weighed regularly, but after my first loss post of 11 pounds, a friend of mine immediately started saying smarta$$ and hurtful things. People get jealous of us big people because they see us hit double digits quick but they don't take into consideration the vast difference in body chemistry, makeup, and lifestyle change. A lot of the people on this site are looking to lose like 10% of my weight loss goal, it's hard to relate with them because of where I started.

If you'd like another super-sized person to root you on, please add me. I have several people on my list now that are looking to lose 100+ pounds, which has helped a lot in keeping me motivated. I also have a couple friends that successfully lose in the triple digits as well.

Good luck, and don't pay attention to anyone but your doc when it comes to knowing what's okay for you. When I hit 11 pounds lost, my doc didn't even bat an eye haha :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing things the right way. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    I drink my water.
    I workout.
    That's it.
    I lost fast when I first began, and it starts to creep downward in time.
    KEEP PUNCHING!

Sounds like you're on the right track.
  • lauralizzy90
    Options
    Screw that! Sounds like you are doing great -- keep it up! :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    For someone at 398 that doesn't sound too fast at all. The weight is gonna fall off you fast for quite a few weeks. Ignore the haters and way to go!