"You're losing weight too fast!"

Options
13»

Replies

• kahlee2000
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I am down 100 in 6 months -- boy does that create a stir with people. I think you are doing great! And by the way -- remember that at that weight you are doing weight lifting by simply exercising. You are pack extra weight -- an in this instance it is the only plus to the excess weight. So keep going, and good for you!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. You're doing great.

Here's what I've learned: Many folks will come up to you and say something negative or respond negatively to your weight loss. It's not because there's anything wrong with you or you've done something bad. They're reflecting a negative feeling they have about themselves back onto you with a 'you brought this up' kind of attitude sometimes because seeing your success struck a chord.

I've learned to smile, reassure them, and walk away.
  • Langlady
    Langlady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow. Let me first say Congrats!! You are doing awesome.

You seem to have your mindset in a good place. No one but your doctor can tell you what is healthy or not. I think your results are great and keep up what you are doing and don't let anyone in get your way.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing just what you should be and people just always look for the negative. You already know that the weightloss will slow down and that's good. It's not like you have these out of the question goals. You know what you want and you are willing to work for it!!! Just focus on you and try to ignore what others say...I know it is hard, I have been through it. But you can do this, keep working for YOU!! Good Luck!!
  • LastHopeForMe
    Options
    I can understand your friends are concerned, as we hear about nutrition problems every single day of our lives.
    You should speak honestly with them and explain calmly what are you doing.
    You are on diet, you are doing your best to change yourself and YOU ARE SUCCESSFULLY changing yourself! :happy:

You're counting your calories and I think you're going to the doctor.
    If you open your heart to your friends (and I mean it, on ly your true friends =) ), they will be happy for you and supportive.
    Obviously they will be worried too, but if you go to the doctor and he/she says you're fine and you can tell it to them... no problem!

If they're not supportive... just not true friends.

About "big" and "not so big" people, I know it's usually harded for "big" people to loose weight, but I never liked myself in my WHOLE life, so "not so big" people have their psycological problems too starting a diet.
    I only see people here. And a lot of them are wonderful people too!
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So many positive comments! I get encouraged from the encouragement people give others. You are doing this for you! You have to live with you and you have decided to change you. I applaud your efforts and you will do just fine without the naysayers. Keep your goals in sight and visit here often for "pick me ups" anytime!!
  • dustinlsullivan
    Options
    Good job. From what I have read, establishing a goal on calories and doing moderate exercise is the best way to lose weight. So what if you are suddenly losing more weight than you should. My calorie goal is to lose 1 lb/week, but for the past three weeks i have lost 9 pounds.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options

I tell people "until you have MD after your name, you have no say in the matter"

This goes for lots of other things besides weight loss as well.

Not sure what being a medical doctor has to do with that sort of thing. If correctness depended on what degree someone has (it doesn't), I'd rather get my nutrition info from someone with a degree that confers some kind of knowledge about nutrition.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    First of all, Big Congrats to you! I just looked at your profile and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the goals you have listed. That must of taken some serious thinking!!! I hope you are able to get to all of them. The best to you , Karen
    You can add me if you like, I'd like to see your progress!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jon9949
    jon9949 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wife lost 150 pounds in a year at an average of 3 pounds a week, but the first couple of months it was not unusual to have 11 and 12 pound weeks. Keep up the good work!