Motivation to break my food habits?

Options
I am finding it absolutely impossible to cut down on food! Everyday I say 'today I'm going to cut it down' and everyday I end up having too many calories. Anyone in the same sort of situation? It's not even because I'm hungry, most of it is boredom food, and I find myself drifting to the pantry absent-mindedly. I try to make up exscuses in my mind for why I'm eating, I try to convince myself that I'm hungry and I need the food but I don't :(
Looking for motivation to exercise, because I know that when I go back to work I'm seriously going to need the motivation, cause I'll find exscuses not to do once I'm out all day and all I'll want to do is sit down on the couch!!
Request me as a friend if you're in a similar situation because I'll know what you're going through, and add me also if you're an excellent motivator!! Thank you!!

Replies

• same here, i'm literally always hungry. its hard to break habits :\
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am finding it absolutely impossible to cut down on food! Everyday I say 'today I'm going to cut it down' and everyday I end up having too many calories. Anyone in the same sort of situation? It's not even because I'm hungry, most of it is boredom food, and I find myself drifting to the pantry absent-mindedly. I try to make up exscuses in my mind for why I'm eating, I try to convince myself that I'm hungry and I need the food but I don't :(
    Looking for motivation to exercise, because I know that when I go back to work I'm seriously going to need the motivation, cause I'll find exscuses not to do once I'm out all day and all I'll want to do is sit down on the couch!!
    Request me as a friend if you're in a similar situation because I'll know what you're going through, and add me also if you're an excellent motivator!! Thank you!!
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to you! I've been doing this almost my whole life. You have to dig down deep and figure out the emotional reasons you are doing this. I know that I've been through a lot in my life and have always relied on food for comfort. Its not a very good comfort though when you think about it. I'm not sure if you have a belief in God, but I was saved about a year ago and that has helped me tremendously. He is what I'm trying to put in place of my emotional eating. So when I feel like eating for emotional reasons I reach out to God. There is also a Bible Study called Made To Crave. Its a book you can buy online. Add me if you'd like : )
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My initial motivation when I was obese was to look at myself in the mirror. Naked.:glasses:
  • Figrating
    Options
    I just recently started and YOU ARE NOT ALONE!.

BUT, if you keep posting everything you eat here daily, you'll get better at avoiding trouble.

Drink your water.

I have come to like a certain maker's Meal Bars - they go a long way to reduce hunger @ some 200 calories.

Getting started is the hardest part of this, IMO.
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    its not how much youre eating its what your eating. i always wanted to lose weight and become healthier but it took me a while to truely be motivated. i just woke up one morning and said today is going to be the day. and i completely cut out everything sodas, candy... all the junk... and started working out. its all mental you just have to make the conscience decision to eat better and workout tell yourself "no. im not allowed to eat that ... if i want it i can eat a small portion of it on mondays" i know some days are hard and you want to give in because you arent seeing a change but your body is patient and it takes how much you put in to it, it changes without you even realizing it.