pool workouts

Options
I'm getting bored with doing laps but I get my bests workout done in the pool. Any ideas to spice it up?

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Lung busters! swim the whole 25m under water!

If you have a friend do indian races

play water polo
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Do Zumba in the water.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Do different "sets." (these laps/yds assume you are in a 25 yd pool, adjust as needed). Instead of doing 8 laps (200 yds), do 4 x 50 yds. Change up your strokes and do 4 x 50 yds with each 50 being a different stroke. Alternate freestyle and backstroke on your laps. Do some kick sets with a kick board to keep you from staring at the same black line. You can also do random distances: 6 x 75 freestyle, just stopping on the opposite side of the pool can break up the monotony. Hope that helps a little bit!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I do water fitness classes at the YMCA. They have many different levels of classes from beginner to expert. Classes are available every day throughout the day.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I did Aqua Zumba for the first time this week. Lots of fun =)

Do you have a set of waterproof earplugs? There are underwater radios, etc you can use that make it more interesting than just straight laps.....
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My favorites are ladder swims

That is,

There's 2500 yards in no time

So some of theme pull, some kick, some easy, some hard to mix up the workout.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Synchronized Kama Sutra Swimming.
  • chapelhouse
    Options
    whats with the kama sutra swims ?
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have 2 H2O audio players so I take my music into the water for my lap swimming that helps me alot
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have 2 H2O audio players so I take my music into the water for my lap swimming that helps me alot

Where do I find one?