Low Impact workout ideas?

Options
In the past I've been a total slave to the elliptical trainer at my gym. I'm looking for a little bit of a different workout that would change it up a bit. After 45 mins of the elliptical I'm horribly bored. Running is out of the question since my knees are a bit screwy. But does anyone have a good 1 hour workout routine that's effective and fun?

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    cycling and swimming. Both are low impact and are AWESOME workouts!!

Also, you say your knees are a bit screwy?? Well, I had the same problem, but then I bought a foam roller and rolled my thigh down to my calf and I run fun now. I had a tight (IT???) band on my knee. I dont' know if that will work for you, but I thought I would mention it :)
  • Sashasheen
    Sashasheen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Swimming was great for me in high school!! But I totally belong to planet fitness :grumble: eh the price was right. But unfortunately I'm restricted to basic workout equipment.

I was thinking about cycling though! I'm def going to try it out.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Rowing, maybe???
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's happened to me too :mad: Pilates and yoga are also good workouts that can be low impact. I've been doing this power yoga video and it is a WORK OUT, but I'm not sure how "low impact" it is since you do move around a lot. You can also bike outside since the weather should be nicer.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    How about some circuit training? You could incorporate some intense with some low impact and strength training.
  • Sashasheen
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!! :flowerforyou: I'm off to the gym now!!
  • mmdtayo
    mmdtayo Posts: 2
    Options
    Mix it up inside and out! I love inline skating, it's thrilling and a great workout.. (6.4 miles in 33min):bigsmile:
  • Sashasheen
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I did some circuit training today and I love it! Also I did some cycling. It was a great workout!!