Anyone trying to get in shape to conceive?

Options
Hi, I'm looking for new friends in my situation possibly. I am curious if anyone out there is trying to get in shape to help them have a baby?

Replies

• Camiewho
    Options
    I am. I recently found out im in danger of not being able to have children if I dont lose weight and take better care of myself which breaks my heart because I want to be a mom more than anything, so thats my motivation and thats why im here feel free to add me im always looking for more friends to help support and be supportd by :)
  • Trueper
    Trueper Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann

I am not sure if I am what you a looking for, but I am in kind of in the same boat. I am lucky enough to be have a little girl who will be one next month, but during my pregnancy I put on soooooo much weight, now a year later i am still a good 50lb over weight, now we are considering a second child and I do not want to get pregnant again with all this extra weight as I don't think it will help either me or the little one if I am lucky enought to conceive.

Would you like bit of team support for your weight loss? and maybe chat about how best to conceive a little bundle of joy.

Either way good luck with both your goals ;)
    Sx
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am! Ive been getting in shape to help be heathly in. Order to have a baby. I want to make sure everything is in control and not super high just to try to have one. And once we do have a baby I wanna b able to get back into shape again
  • AnnD26
    AnnD26 Posts: 4
    Options
    It's great to know I am not alone! I have been trying for awhile now without success. I finally realized I need to be healthier. So I cut out all alcohol, limited caffeine, cut out all meat, started exercising- now trying to lose weight too. :smile:
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting and staying in shape to conceive :)
  • heatgspot1
    heatgspot1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! I decided that if I couldn't take care of myself, then how could I be a responsible mom? So I quit smoking :bigsmile: and started running and weight training. I am glad to see others doing the same!!!
    15570562.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's great to know I am not alone! I have been trying for awhile now without success. I finally realized I need to be healthier. So I cut out all alcohol, limited caffeine, cut out all meat, started exercising- now trying to lose weight too. :smile:

We haven't had much success either. I cut alcohol, soda, sugar, and only eat chicken breast with once a week red meat. Cutting out all fast food and trying to drink a lot more water! Hoping for me that losing at least 15lb will be a good start to a healthier me!!
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Add me...my lifestyle change is not just so that I'm happy...but because I want a child SOOOOO badly. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months back, and it's been mental hell for me.
  • jillvent
    Options

I am doing the exact same thing! My husband and I have been trying for almost 2 years now, with no luck. I'm doing everything I can to be as healthy as I can in hopes that we'll be able to conceive (and in turn have a healthy pregnancy!)
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It's not my primary goal, but I definitely won't start trying until I reach my goal weight/fitness level, so it's certainly an aspect of it. I don't think it's uncommon at all, really. Every woman wants the best for both herself and her baby during pregnancy, and being fit is a great way to kickstart that! Good luck!
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight, have about 35lbs to be in the healthy range.
    I have a chronic medical conditon and don't want to take meds once we're pregnant and losing weight will help :)

Good luck everyone!
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    oh yes...feel free to add me :)
  • MichelleMyBell86
    MichelleMyBell86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is one of my motivations as well!
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    HUGE reason. Add me.