Help please

Options
So i eat pretty healthy threw the day . I have my breakfast, snack,lunch , snack and dinner . it s after dinner that my problem. Im straving and ill have another snack but then an hour after that im straving again. And then i stuff my face and go to bed with guilt . What am i doing wrong. (besides stuffing my face)I know my true bmr and i have it set for the workouts im doing. how can i get my calories down?? please help

Replies

• Danielle8706
    Danielle8706 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After dinner when you start getting hungry maybe eat a snack and drink water or a glass of milk instead to give you a fuller filling. I have that same problem I will usually have a few crackers with peanutbutter and a glass of milk as I start to get hungry again I just drink water. Hope that helps some :)
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I cant see your food diary, but try and drink LOADS of water, maybe up your protein , and maybe look into some foods that have lower GI
    unfortunately if youre hungry you should eat!
    If i snack - its on diet yoghurt....or vegtables... maybe a coffee or tea will make you feel fuller for a while.
  • lovinglife1001
    Options
    It used to happen to me a lot of times before. I found that the more water I drank throughout the day, the better I was at controlling those crazy eating "binges". I also added more fiber and protein. It helped me to feel fuller and that cut my nighttime eating. If anything, have a snack that is filling and if the "feeling of hungry" still is there, make sure it's because you really are hungry...sometimes our mind plays a trick..
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to a doctor? Hyperthyroidism can cause an increase in appetite.
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have found this happens less now that I have changed what I eat earlier in day - more nutritious calories, high fibre, etc. I also have to eat more calories during the day to avoid the binge calories in the evening - and I always leave room for a snack in evening - if I'm still in the binge mood, but know I'm not really hungry, the best distraction is some type of exercise.
  • rethablakely
    Options
    My daughters cancer doctor put her on a 1200 calorie diet. I'm doing this with her. The dr. Said calories are calories no matter what you eat. So try to keep to smaller portions. I also am doing aerobics for an hour a day which gives me more caloriess to eat. Food tracker keeps me in line. Also drink that 8 cups of water!! I've been doing this since Jan. 7 and have lost 8pounds and stronger muscles. Keep trying.
  • Holmesfamily26037
    Holmesfamily26037 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not a professional but I have done tons of research about changing eating lifestyles and losing weight..the healthy way. I am getting really close to my 100 lb wieght loss mark and I go through the same thing at nights...I have found the Best thing to eat is low calorie popcorn..Its easy on the calories and healthy for you and has fiber in it so it makes it feel full longer..try this and see if it helps..
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    If you could make your diary public we might be able to give more helpful advice. How much weight are you trying to lose every week? If you set it to lose 2lbs per week, you could change this to 1lb per week to give yourself more calories. Once you are used to eating less, you can always switch it back.

I used to save 500-700 calories for evening snacking. Of course, this meant I exercised daily so I could have more calories to eat throughout the day, but it worked for me. As my body adjusted to me eating less the night time snacking urge went away, I still have an occasional evening snack but I'm fine with something in the 100-200 calorie range.

Don't let this frustrate you. You are changing your habits, and change takes time. Just keep trying and I promise eventually it will get easier!
  • roblovegreen
    Options
    I'm following Dr. Joel Fuhrman. He talks about toxic hunger and how we mistake it for real hunger. http://www.drfuhrman.com/disease/default.aspx

If you aren't familiar with Joel Fuhrman, you can watch his PBS special on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LruyZOzpvnI&list=PLED9CBE5548866ED0&feature=plpp_play_all http://www.drfuhrman.com/disease/default.aspx

Be blessed and inspired!! -Rob
  • SparkleDoomPony
    SparkleDoomPony Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you drink a hot liquid, it's more likely to trick you into thinking that you ate long enough to get to bed.

There are a million kinds of tea. And even more convincing: get bullion cubes, and put one in a cup of hot water. Just drink it slowly and tell yourself its chicken noodle soup and that you're getting stuffed.

Really, it works :)
  • zoelowe99
    zoelowe99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Milk and a banana is a pretty filling snack!