Supplements?

Options
:flowerforyou:
Is anyone taking any type of supplements (e.g. thermogenic fat burners, c.l.a, etc.) when working out or are you all natural?

Replies

• kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    dont know if they work ... besides they sometimes have side effects ... i am just using regular vitamins
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I take a supplements but that is what it is a, supplement. No magic pill but something that helps aid.It has worked great for me & many others I know. I am also so glad that I don't have to drink it.
  • PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    I use a protein powder and a vitamin pill, that's it.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    No magic pill

Obviously you've never heard of steroids d:
  • addisondisease
    Options
    I'll take a thermogenic that i make myself, 99% of the ones you get in a vitamin store are very over priced. Other than that i'll take a fish oil, joint and tendon pill, liver detox if i'm on a pct, prenatal vitamin, protein powder, and bcaa's if i remember them all.
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    I used to take hydroxycut years ago. My heart started fluttering. My Doctor said it is not uncommon for those pills to cause heart attacks and strokes. DO NOT TAKE THEM!
  • addisondisease
    Options
    I used to take hydroxycut years ago. My heart started fluttering. My Doctor said it is not uncommon for those pills to cause heart attacks and strokes. DO NOT TAKE THEM!

How am I suppose to get skinny with out them then?
  • K9Mayut
    K9Mayut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder and used to take Oxyelite Pro when I was on my first cut. The thing I like about it is that I work night shift and the second pill every day would keep me awake throughout the night so I didn't hit that night shift "wall" every night.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just started using Beach Body's product Energy & Endurance, so far I'm liking it on lifting days. Haven't used it on Cardio days tho. I'm no using for weight loss I'm using for performance.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just started using Beach Body's product Energy & Endurance, so far I'm liking it on lifting days. Haven't used it on Cardio days tho. I'm no using for weight loss I'm using for performance.

I would suggest you save your money and either just have a mug of coffee/caffeine pill or get a real pre wo as that is a terribly put together supp (Beachbody E&E)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    whey protein only.

my pre-workout is usually a banana. and sometimes coffee. they both work great.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    DONT!! I took my first pre woukout supp today and thought I was dying!! Bad idea!!!
  • addisondisease
    Options
    DONT!! I took my first pre woukout supp today and thought I was dying!! Bad idea!!!

If you drink coffee or energy drinks on a normal basis, you should be fine. Try different brands, it could have been just that one. I know Jack3d hurts my stomach, but assualt won't
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I take an NO product prior to working out (which also contains creatine) and whey protein after. I also take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and on days I work a green tea/caffiene/acai berry supplement so I don't pig out.

Fat burners these days don't work because most of them lack ephedra. Ephedra is legal again, but you can't have the dosage you used to, which makes it slightly more effective than the thermogetics without. Not worth the money anymore. I used to take hydroxycut, with ephedra, and dropped 40lbs in 2 months (with a strict diet and exercise regiment).
  • thefuzz1290
    Options

If you drink coffee or energy drinks on a normal basis, you should be fine. Try different brands, it could have been just that one. I know Jack3d hurts my stomach, but assualt won't

Most companies will give you a free sample if you call them.

See, Jack3d didn't do anything for me, NanoVapr upset my stomach to the point that I couldn't workout some days, but Black Powder and NO Xplode work great for me.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    read alot of ppl talking bout pre-workouts... DUMP EM!!!
    how much is ur pre-workout... here for jack3d or superpump is $59.99 for about 30-32servings most guys my size will need more than just 1 serving at a time for any effect(so lets say on good end 30days for $60)... what are 3 main engridents?
    -creatine
    -arginine
    -caffeine

now lets get these as extracts this way you know its nice n pure without all the additional crap in it...
    -Creatine mono - $19.99
    -Arginine - $24.99
    -Caffine pills - $6.99

this adds up to what say $65 on high end... how long will this stuff last you? well me n wife been shareing creatine and arginine and its last us both for 4-5months now and im taking 2 servings a day of each and she is taking 1 serving of each a day... even on days off gym... so safe ur money n get the pure stuff this way u save money and you know exactly whats there...

now if you are cutting... you dont need a pre-workout, hydroxicut, or RIPPED, or any other "gimmick" the thing that really works is ECA stack.. again ur just putting togather everything thats pure and know exactly whats going in ur body... not some crap that has about 40-50 engridients that you have no idea what it is or does
  • MissSonjaBelle
    MissSonjaBelle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I take: coffee (great pre-workout - for energy), Animal Cuts (9 pills which contain a cortisol inhibitor, thermogenic complex, thyroid complex and diuretic complex), l-glutamine, rhodiola rosea and protein post-workout...
  • thefuzz1290
    Options
    read alot of ppl talking bout pre-workouts... DUMP EM!!!
    how much is ur pre-workout... here for jack3d or superpump is $59.99 for about 30-32servings most guys my size will need more than just 1 serving at a time for any effect(so lets say on good end 30days for $60)... what are 3 main engridents?
    -creatine
    -arginine
    -caffeine

now lets get these as extracts this way you know its nice n pure without all the additional crap in it...
    -Creatine mono - $19.99
    -Arginine - $24.99
    -Caffine pills - $6.99

this adds up to what say $65 on high end... how long will this stuff last you? well me n wife been shareing creatine and arginine and its last us both for 4-5months now and im taking 2 servings a day of each and she is taking 1 serving of each a day... even on days off gym... so safe ur money n get the pure stuff this way u save money and you know exactly whats there...

now if you are cutting... you dont need a pre-workout, hydroxicut, or RIPPED, or any other "gimmick" the thing that really works is ECA stack.. again ur just putting togather everything thats pure and know exactly whats going in ur body... not some crap that has about 40-50 engridients that you have no idea what it is or does

Wow, $60 for Jack3d? Man you're getting ripped off wherever you are! Even GNC has it for $30, but you can find it on sale for $20-$25. If you're smart and shop around, you can find most pre-workout supplements for under the price of the three supplements you posted combined.

That being said, I wouldn't buy any Muscletech product unless it was dirt cheap on a clerance table somewhere (which I have done before) and there are other companies that sell overpriced supplements. Honestly you just have to do some research before you purchase.
  • LFlo79
    LFlo79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely use them. Right now I'm currently using RX6 and I love it!!!

I've taken fat burners from Meltdown, Lipo 6 black, hydroxy, slim quick, roxylean.....i still take roxylean when i need a burst of energy, but I love them!
  • thefuzz1290
    Options
    I think Black Diamonds are the only ones left with ephedra, but the amount is so small, you have to take tons of them to get the same effect as you previously did....but the kicker is you're taking too much of the other junk they put in the pills and it'll make you sick (not from personal experience thankfully). These days you're better off just taking cafeine pills.