over protein most days????

Options
Help!!!!!!!!! is it a real problem if I go over protein when everything else is on or under where it should be???
It mainly comes from things like grilled chicken or fish, so not unhealthy things???

Replies

• coachkathy
    coachkathy Posts: 35
    Options
    If you have to go over on anything, protein would be the best! Sounds like you're doing great! :smile:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Our body gets rid of (instead of storing) the extra protein, so no harm in going over.
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Wasn't sure how I could get it down! I won't worry too much now!! xx:wink:
  • dixon04
    dixon04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem! I am always-every day-over on my protein! I eat healthy proteins like almonds, chicken and fish-the protein seems to keep me full longer. I try to eat the high protein diet to keep me from snacking. I was worried that this was counter productive!

186055.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. I think it is because I eat allot of fish. Packed with protein, but low in calories, fat and carbs.

That's funny you posted that though, I was coming on the start a discussion to see if I was the only one.

My other issue is getting in all my water, but thats a different topic...
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options

My other issue is getting in all my water, but thats a different topic...
    I carry around a water botle where ever I go. I can't just 'down' a glass of water but I take a couple of mouthfuls from the bottle frequently & I've found I'm easily getting through 2 1/2 litres a day. HTH xx
  • dixon04
    dixon04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I flavor my water it seems like I drink a lot more!! I love the Crystal Light to go packets! They have several flavors and if I drink 4 water bottles of it a day thats only 40 calories and I think the benifits of the water out weighs the calories!