Low Calorie Breakfast

Options
I need some low calorie breakfast ideas...something that will fill me up but not use my calories up. :) Suggestions?

Replies

• Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I add egg whites to 1 egg omelet, with veggies, you have more volume. or you can just use egg whites.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes a 7 whole grain puff cereal that is 70 calories a cup... That paired with low fat or no fat milk OR almond or coconut milk would be great... If you want it a little sweet you can add some splenda or even sugar. SO GOOD!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffins with some protein - keeps me full for 5 hours:drinker:
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Well now what is your definition of low calorie?
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like the morningstar farms "sausage" or "bacon" biscuits. They are 270 calories, but sooooo yummy and filling.
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I add egg whites to 1 egg omelet, with veggies, you have more volume. or you can just use egg whites.

This. Sometimes I use only egg whites (eggbeaters) and mix some spinach in, scramble it, and top with feta cheese. Salsa and shredded cheese or an american single is great too!
  • norriedawn
    norriedawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is good. A 1/2 cup dry (then cooked in 1 cup of water) only has 150 calories. I like to add some raisins and a small bit of brown sugar to sweeten it up a bit.
  • lovinglife1001
    Options
    egg whites!! high in protein, low in fat and calories...
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like old fashioned oatmeal, cinnamon, a scoop of protein powder and some flaxseed oil. However, it only keeps me full for 2 hours tops, then it's time to eat again. That's ok I eat 5-6 meals a day! :)
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Day 1 . Veggi omlet with egg white
    Day 2. Oatmeal. i use the maple sugar kind.
    Day 3. Coffee

Week ends i do pan cake
  • roanne70
    Options
    I like to make oatmeal (1/3 cup dry cooked with water), 1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese and a few pecans or raisins ( just a tablespoon or so) Very filling, but low in calories.
  • kychica718
    Options
    Vitatops. Google them. You're welcome ;)
  • feb06momma
    Options
    oatmeal is typically my favorite low-cal breakfast choice. I also like a scrambled egg with low-cal/high fiber bread and a bit of peanut butter. Lots of protein to keep me moving all morning!
  • Prek2005
    Options
    I think everyone has some wonderful ideas for low calorie breakfast, but if you want to make your breakfast filling pair hot or cold whole grain cereal with a piece of fruit, and an egg omelette with your favorite veggies.
  • annabetht
    annabetht Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    French toast: made with whole wheat bread and egg replacer. Add some cinnamon and fruit for sweetness.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich with Pepperidge farms deli flats, 3 egg whites (I usually use "all whites") mixed with spinach, and 1 laughing cow light cheese wedge. It keeps me full for a while and is only about 233 calories
  • EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1/2 - 1c of greek yogurt with some fruit and almonds mixed in. Sometimes a bit of cinnamon, depending on the fruit. Apples and pears are my favorite, they sweeten the yogurt enough for me. Or I'll mash up half an overripe banana and maybe add a Tbsp of mini chocolate chips instead of almonds. <3

ETA: The whole thing usually comes in between 200-250 calories.
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlettes are always a good choice and you can make them filling by loading up on veggies and even a bit of low fat cheese.

Smoothie with bananas or peanut butter in them are very filling as well.

Good ole oatmeal and whole grain toast.

Whole wheat pancakes or waffles and use agave nectar or honey instead of syrup.

Yogurt topped with homemade granola.
  • thecloud6
    Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions. I always eat a handful of pistachios coupled with something like granola bar or something similar. I used to love cereal too but I don't want to eat ll of my calories for breakfast. :)
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a la tortilla factory tortilla, 6 tbsp. of break free egg whites, a little bit of onion and green pepper, some turkey sausage or diced ham, and a tbsp of salsa. 270 calories and a ton of fiber.