Hi! I'm new on here

Options
:happy: Hi!
I'm really excited about myfitnesspal.com. I'm new today.
I have two great kids and have been married for 4 years. After having our second child I became a stay at home mom which was new to me. I had always worked and worked hard so did not ever gain weight. After the 1st year went by I couldn't keep saying it was all still baby weight.... I knew I had put on more than just my baby weight. I'm finally ready to get my body back and get healthy. I have joined a great fitness center in my area and I'm going to start working with a trainer 2 days a week. My struggle like most will be the food... I love to eat!! I'm trying to make better choices, but some days are hard. I'd love to get to know some nice people on here and we can share our struggles, victories, a chat about getting healthy journey.

Replies

• formichelle
    Options
    Good luck to ya! I just started on myfitnesspal today as well. We will have to keep in touch.
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! I just joined too! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • KristaMc
    KristaMc Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. You too.
    How much weight are you trying to loose?
  • daywater
    daywater Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello everyone~ and KristaMc, I have been using the calorie counter/food log on here for awhile now. I started reading several of the blogs and they are so inspirational! I especially look forward to reading
    Zara11. She is a younger person who lives in NY and she makes me laugh with her candidness about her struggle with food, exercise and seeing all the models in her city on a daily basis. I was not aware until I posted a reply to one of her blog comments and got a "friend" request from her that this operates similarly to facebook (if you've done that). Anyways, you can send private emails to one another and seems another good way to help motivate on another. She suggested to me, so i will to you as well, to set up your profile as a start. A little about me, I'm 34, been married for 16 years, have one daughter and lost my mother to cancer. This was a big slap in the face to wake up to the fact that we need to care for our bodies and not abuse them. I'd like to be here as long as possible to enjoy life with my friends and family. I started out 4 yrs ago @ 255. I am now 190 and my short term goal is 150 but would LOVE to be 125 (dream) 8-) GOOD LUCK TO ALL...I KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS! {{{HUGS}}} Feel free to shoot me an email or friendship request. As Zara11 told me, this is a wonderful community to be a part of. Now get the heck off of this sit and go workout! (teasing) :heart:
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. You too.
    How much weight are you trying to loose?

I am trying to loose about 25 lbs... :smile: so we will see how it goes!